pork burgers

Hiloboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
i had the best pork burger i ever ate .. at a football game in kansas..does any one have a recipe for pork burgers that they may want to share... any ideas will help ..i never had them before.. would sure like to try to make some...

Pork burgers are great, expecially as a break to the standard hamburger. This is something you can experiment with as it an go many different directions..

Here's some of the more commonly used ingredients

1.5 lbs of ground pork
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg beaten
1 small minced onion (green &/or white onion)
2-3 cloves chopped garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
chopped parsley and/or oregano

From here you can get creative and take your own path with bbq sauces & dry rubs, worcestshire sauce, hot sauce etc to add to the mix.

a small amount of applesauce in the ground pork keeps it juicy. to the above you could add 1/2 cup parmasan cheese and make meat balls to put in tomato sauce.
phil

I had a great pork burger recipe that was on a hang tag from a bottle of Bllues Hog sauce. They were wonderful. Unfortunately, I lost the dang tag! I'll do a web search in the morning to see if I can find it online. Maybe someone else has that recipe...

You can get a good simple pork burger by using ground pork or by mixing 1/2 and 1/2 with ground beef.

Thanks to one of the guys on the BBQ mailing list, here's the Pork Burger recipe that I used...

Blues Hog Pork Burgers

2 pounds ground pork; course grind
2 teaspoons blues hog rub
1/3 cup red onion; finely chopped
1/3 cup blues hog tennessee red sauce
6 hamburger buns

Gently combine pork, onions, rub, and sauce

Gently form six 6oz. patties, handling as little as possible to avoid compacting it.

Grill to desired doneness. You can baste with Red Sauce if desired.

I have also substituted Blues Hog BBQ Sauce for the Tennessee Red.

thanks everyone, i'm on my way to get the stuff i need right now.. mahalos for the help

Back