Fathers Day Pizza

Deslock

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Repost from another site but wanted to share it here as well...
I decided to try my hand at pizza on the CGK, since like, it was one of the reasons I got it. Anyway, here we have a tripple meat/extra cheese that was cooked @ 620ish for about 7 min. It was amazing with the exception that the very bottom of the crust had a bit of a burnt toast texture, I believe that was due to attempting to use Pillsbury pizza crust dough, next time will try something different, either way here is the end result.
null_zpsc4337129.jpg

Used parchment paper as I am worthless with a peel (so far..) but this is only the first of many.

Learn how to make your own dough, it's well worth the effort. Pilsbury and the others don't have enough moisture in them to prevent the burnt toast flavor. Looks great otherwise and keep baking!

Looks good from here. The first pizza I cooked on my CGK I used fresh pizza dough that I bought from the bakery at Publix.

Looks good. Passing on a tip.. We used to make our own dough (and still do sometimes) but someone gave us a tip that local pizza places will sell raw dough. The neighborhood pizza joint by me sells dough balls (14" pizza) for $1/each.. Just flatten and ready to cook :) Check around if youre not looking to make your own dough.

Back