Rib-O-Lator test Run...Success!!

SmokerKing

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Purchased the Rib-O-Lator a few months ago and modified BUFORD to accept the rotisserie.

First chance to try it out yesterday and the BB's turned out fantastic. Not sure if it was the meat or the Rib-O-Lator as these were the only two variables that I did different.

Only thing I don't like about the Rib-O-Lator is that it only holds 4 racks, but there's no more room in a drum. The motor is a little loud, but like any UDS, you can set and forget.

riboltaor.jpg

fatbb.jpg

Nice looking ribs. But like you said, you introduced two new variables, so no telling if the rib-o-lator helped.

You just added something to my wish list. What mods did you have to do, other than drill holes for the rotisserie? If I need to build another UDS just for ribs I guess I will.:becky:

They sure do look good, Rib-O-Lator is on my short list of future purchases as well.

Your ribs look great! I used my ribolator with some venison brats on the drum not long ago..they turned out so tasty. Cooked very evenly. I was happy with the results.
I need to try some ribs too. :thumb:

You just added something to my wish list. What mods did you have to do, other than drill holes for the rotisserie? If I need to build another UDS just for ribs I guess I will.:becky:

I use my UDS for all my smoking so I want to keep it sealed as best as possible.

I drilled two holes and welded in some 1" nipples. This allows the stake to go through the center of the nipples and when I'm done, disassemble the Rib-O-Lator and thread a pipe cap on each of the nipples, sealing the drum.

Had to also drill 4) holes total for the motor and stake mount brackets.

Rib-O-Lator

I like the ribulator, it does work well. Only caution is to make SURE that the ribs don't hang over the trays and are balanced in the center of the tray.

I've lost racks down into grill because the got hung up and flipped out of the little tray.

I think it would be even better, if he made a cage that latched over the top of the meat and the trays didn't stay parellel to the ground and the meat rotated 360 degrees as it went around. Now that would be cool.

I like the ribulator, it does work well. Only caution is to make SURE that the ribs don't hang over the trays and are balanced in the center of the tray.

I've lost racks down into grill because the got hung up and flipped out of the little tray.

I think it would be even better, if he made a cage that latched over the top of the meat and the trays didn't stay parellel to the ground and the meat rotated 360 degrees as it went around. Now that would be cool.

Yes, a few time through the cook I heard the motor dragging and then increase rpm. I thought WTF?

One of the bigger ribs had slid over to one side of the tray and it was hitting the edge of the opposite tray as it cycled. I just moved it over a bit and was fine. I'm not sure if this would have occured if I had standard thinner ribs rather than those big fatties I had.

Even if one had fallen, I had a grate just below it and a diffuser below that.

I did balance the ribs on the Rib-O-Lator as well.

Maybe wrap some wire over each rib and the rack to prevent any racks from dropping?

Fine looking ribs. My Ribolator is still on my To Buy list, didn't make it last year.

Would you still need to flip the ribs with the Rib-O-Later?

That is just cool, never seen anything like it. Learn something everyday! Nice ribz!

great lookin ribs, you rid the rib-o-lator proud. look forward to seeing pics of your next cook

Back