Bridal show proposal

blues_n_cues

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
i just received a proposal to do a booth @ a bridal show in our area.
i don't have all the specifics yet but this will not just be bbq. i will do samplers of 2 main courses,sides,appetizers,finger foods,etc.
before i committ i want to know exactly how much advertising & what exact media outlets they will be using in our area.the cost is $325 for an 8x10 booth for a 3 hour show. here are a few of the specifics i do have.

q Display ads in all area newspapers in August and September;
q Direct marketing to prospective engaged couples;
q Publicity releases to all area media, newspapers & radio stations;
q Posters and flyers to be distributed by local businesses;
q Extensive internet exposure;

As a participant, your exhibitor fee includes:
q One 8’ X 10’ booth space. Linens are available upon request.
(All booths will be assigned on a first-come/ first-served basis.) We have larger booths upon request.
q A list of all brides who registered at the event, including their wedding date, e-mail contact and address for use in direct mail campaigns.
q Free listing in our program distributed to each bride and guest

thats pretty cheap exposure in my book considering the rewards of wedding catering returns.
the city population is 50,000 & the convention center seating is 25,000.
i've done vending & exibitor booths for other things & done quite well before.
i figure a total cost of around $650 -food,labor,etc.
i just wanted some opinions from catering/vending brethren. have any of you done this kind of event before?

Don't forget about all the free food you'll have to pass out! :cool:

don't worry i'm not. this will also be the day after a race concession gig so i'll be employing a friend who is a c.i.a. graduate for pastries & some appetizers.

Sounds intriguing. How many brides are they expecting, with only a population of 50,000? Is this a wedding destination for your area? I spent about $250.00 (MOINKS, tri-tip sliders, chicken wings, sauce, brochures, appetizer plates, napkins, fuel, etc.) not including my time, the other night to do a fundraiser for a local charity. We had a free table at a winery.

Back