jeffsee

Full Fledged Farker
My in-laws are here for a play my daughter is in tonight. My wife was hesitant to have me smoke something since my FIL is a picky eater.

I DO get to smoke a turkey breast tomorrow (Thanks Saiko!), but for today, I had to make do with fake ribs in the oven.

I tried this recipe last year (before I came upon this site and built my UDS) and he flipped over them. I now know this is BBQ blasphemy, but I get to eat ribs and my wife is allowing the turkey tomorrow.

Step 1 (avert your eyes):

Parboil :tsk: with celery seed, kosher salt, garlic, and black pepper.

8878932f.jpg

Step 2 (Prepping for the oven, not the smoker. Still hit it with some rub, though.):

0e4e23f3.jpg

cb5fa14a.jpg

Step 3 Foil the roasting pan and stick in the oven for about 5 hours (I know, seems like overkill, but they come out fall-apart tender)

93f20fa3.jpg

More pics to follow. I KNOW how bad this is, so please, do not take me to task. Light-hearted ribbing is also expected. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks for taking it easy on me.

At least I don't have to eat them :p. A picky eater in my house goes hungry.

I hope they turn out delicious.

You have no idea how much I'd like to make him go hungry. :boxing:

They really do taste OK. Just can't hold a candle to the real ribs. :doh:

:shock:

Momma always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I'll say THIS......it takes a lot of cojones to post boiled ribs here.:heh::boxing:

Don't worry about those ribs for now. You can always convert him later and show him all the goodness he has been missing.

At least you aren't using a crock pot, right?

I woulda did half-n-half too. I had same deal with turkey, some didn't want anything but traditional oven turkey. When we deep fried a second small one, they completely regretted their stubborn ways.

Well, I think we can all relate to this thread. The fact that you entertain yur FIL is commendable. I don't think I would be able to do it. Luckily I dont have this problem. If I did I'd probably be divorced :wink:

Ha just saw the tags applied to this thread... funny.

Yea did two turkeys this thanksgiven to keep everyone happy. Guess what they all like the one I did on the smoker better.

Back