THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smokin_Bro

Got rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Mo
Hey Brethren
Hope you all well

I have a Rheninghaus Meat slicer and whilst it works well it still builds up some good muscle when slicing through 20 to 30kg of meat ultra thin for cheesesteaks. I've come across an automatic meat slicer similar to this https://youtu.be/PqE0QOyyaFA which seems to do the work for you and I'm considering buying one. Only problem is it's available from China which means I need to be extra cautious. Basically, I need to ask all the questions to ensure the machine is at least decent - I don't expect a Ferrari for the price but I also don't want what to buy a piece of scrap metal.

Specs of the machine in the the picture attached.

What sort of features would you expect if purchasing a machine like this? Please help me ask the right questions.

P.S. I know I'm going to get lots of flack for buying a Chinese machine but it's the only suitable machine I could find in my budget - go easy on me :-D

Take Care
SB

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_085112.jpg
    IMG_20211124_085112.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 136
Depending upon if it is made for the US market, China's power is standard at 50 Hz, not 60Hz as here in the US.

Not sure if it would have any effect on a motor, but it could effect circuitry / processors that use the Hertz timed cycles as a "clock" or for timing circuits.

Some of the equipment we use here at work have a user accessible programmable EEPROM where we can define the 60 Hz power source.

Back