THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CSchieck

Knows what a fatty is.
Cooking an 80# pig for a friend's gathering, and am seeking guidance. I will be cooking on the 24X60 stick burner, 24" grate. The pig was ordered with the head on; feet on; back cracked.

On the two prior occasions that I helped with cooking a whole pig, the pig was splayed on its back, skin side down on a propane cooker. I surmise that the grates on the Shirley will not be wide enough to cook the pig splayed on its back, so I am looking for some solid guidance on how to prepare the pig "racer style" or other suggestions for cooking the pig. Presentation counts, as this is someone's 70th Birthday so I don't want to split the pig down the middle and cook two halves.

They desire to eat Saturday afternoon at 4:00 pm. The cooker likes to run at about 250-275, so guidance on time allocation would also be welcome.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Back