THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm certainly not on the inside circle of this, but here's what I do know.

The documentary filmaker is John Markus, who competes in the East as Central Pork West. He is an A List Writer and Producer, and has produced many successful shows, including the BBQ show on Versus a couple years back. He was at Harpoon this year filming Myron (competing with Central Pork West at Harpoon) for a Legends of BBQ Show this summer. Not sure what channel that will be aired on.

I caught his speech talking about the film crews moving around at the Invitational Judge's Meeting this weekend. He had crews filming Cool Smoke, Big Bob Gibson's, Jack's Old South, Smokin' Triggers, and Wood Chicks for sure - and there may have been more TV teams. The seats at awards for those teams were reserved on the floor near the isles so the film crews could follow them up to the stage. Following the awards ceremonies, they were interviewing the tv teams, and also top teams for both contests this past weekend.

Here's a summary of the last BBQ Show produced by John Markus and Chris Lilly.

http://www.kingfisherkookers.com/versus_10-12-06.htm

Wow! This sounds GREAT! Thanks for the heads up!

No disrespect to the winners but all in all whats so exciting about a bunch of teams cooking privately in a basically private space who then bitch about the public bothering them from 12-130 when all of the "action" is going on then putting it in a white box and then walking it up to a tent?

No disrespect to the winners but all in all whats so exciting about a bunch of teams cooking privately in a basically private space who then bitch about the public bothering them from 12-130 when all of the "action" is going on then putting it in a white box and then walking it up to a tent?

That's a great question! And one that NASCAR answered in time to make their sport accessible to the masses.

In any event where 'walking it up to a tent' OR 'turning left all the time' is the perceived norm, people need to be educated about the finer points of . . . whichever it is.

All of the financial commitment, the time and preparation and the skill required and the knowledge and experience, the desire to rise above what you and I are willing to endure . . . well, THAT is what makes ANY human competition great.

One year later after TWO seasons of BBQ Pitmasters draws more interest to competitive barbecue... Anyone local see any coverage this year for the Royal besides weathermen giving reports and so forth? I saw the CBS Morning Show was down there Friday morning but locally, I haven't seen much mentioned. Of course, if it has, I've probably slept through it! LOL!

We would like to respectfully point out that WiredBBQ.com is local to KC and we did cover the event extensivley with interviews with as many teams as we could. While we are not a major network, we feel that we provide a better platform for this type of event then the major networks could ever hope for. We hosted the entire weekend on our own without the advertisement or sponsorship major networks have, and we hope it was enjoyed. We hope to continue to provide this type of coverage, not just at the American Royal, but at other BBQ events around the country. If you really enjoyed it and would like to see more, please let us know...

We would like to respectfully point out that WiredBBQ.com is local to KC and we did cover the event extensivley with interviews with as many teams as we could. While we are not a major network, we feel that we provide a better platform for this type of event then the major networks could ever hope for. We hosted the entire weekend on our own without the advertisement or sponsorship major networks have, and we hope it was enjoyed. We hope to continue to provide this type of coverage, not just at the American Royal, but at other BBQ events around the country. If you really enjoyed it and would like to see more, please let us know...

You guys absolutely did do a fantastic job! I spent about an hour on your site tonight... great stuff! I would be honored if you would consider covering our event we put on out in Pleasant Hill, MO next April. It would just be nice if the local news media would realize the magnitude of what's right in their own backyard.

I would like to add that we had an absolute blast doing it! Everyone there treated us like we were one of the family, especially Kyle with The Slabs.com and of course The Brethren (who fed us some of the spiciest sausage and peppers I have had, and some great ziti)

Video of the event will be posted soon on WiredBBQ.com, as well as YouTube (under dbaldin, or wiredbbq), and Facebook. I've already posted the Overall Awards segment!

They need a better PR guy. Too bad I have a full time job.

(Note WiredBBQ's feed were cool but I'm thinking about the not-so-hard to secure mainstream media).

Well, I just want to say that I really enjoyed the coverage from WiredBBQ and Icon IT Solutions - you all did a great job of coverage and when things went wrong technically you did a great job of recovering.

I am looking forward to your next coverage - and THANK YOU for going to all that trouble to do it. It is appreciated!

It was nice to see a crew out there doing live webcast interviews and visiting with everyone they could!

Enjoyed meeting you all too and hope to see you again on the road! (we were the fella's with the open fire pits and Auspits!)

Do you have archives of BBQ events?

One year later after TWO seasons of BBQ Pitmasters draws more interest to competitive barbecue... Anyone local see any coverage this year for the Royal besides weathermen giving reports and so forth? I saw the CBS Morning Show was down there Friday morning but locally, I haven't seen much mentioned. Of course, if it has, I've probably slept through it! LOL!

We saw a fair amount of coverage on the local news friday before we left the hotel to go set up.

Back