THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoking Westy

is one Smokin' Farker
Had a little time between the storms last night to fire up the kamado. I cooked up a piece of chicken for the wife and a pair of venison tenderloins for myself.

Tenderloins were seasoned up with some Milwaukee Iron rub from the Spice House and grilled directly over some lump for just a couple minutes on both sides.

This rub smells awesome while cooking and had a little cayenne bite.

Plated up with some new potatoes seasoned up with a little olive oil and some Dillo Dust...

Turned out really good, unfortunately that was the last of my tenderloins until next season. I do still have a whole backstrap and some chops left (plus some roast and ground).

yum... It's may and you still have tenderloins??? Jealous

I try and stash a few of the good bits under all the pork when we butcher hogs. Make 'em last a little longer! :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, first time cooking venison on the kamado and it turned out fantastic.

I was fortunate enough to get two deer this year, a nice big doe and then a younger 8 pointer with my revolver (1st deer with a revolver)

Looks perfect. The Kamado Joe is the only way I'll cook venison now. It's been even better now that I bought the Grill Mates.

I've got one small piece of backstrap left but do have a couple of wild hogs in the freezer. I only hunt with a recurve so I cherish my venison and try to make it last.

Back