Vacation's over, but at least I got to cook a lil' bit!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I've been at the beach 2 out of the last 4 weeks (I know poor me right?) so I haven't been posting or cooking too much for that matter. Here's the lil' bit I did while I was away.

When we went to Wildwood I took my Mini along for the ride and did a couple spatchcocked chickens. They were seasoned with a couple new rubs from Goya that I found at the local grocery store. They were good.

I think I really need to get rid of the diffuser in my mini. I had trouble keeping the temps up so it took longer than I expected. We just missed the sunset again. :tsk:

Next up was Sea Isle City. There's a lot more of us on that trip so while I did take the mini down again, I made the majority of the food at home, vac sealed it and froze for the trip.

I asked my father in law if he wanted pork or beef, he practically screamed BEEF! Dang, I didn't think my pork was that bad. Lol. He says he's just a beef guy, and you don't argue with the FIL right?

So I got about 9 lbs of chuck roast seasoned up with some Peppered Cow.

Seasoned myself with some Anderson Valley in my new super cool can glass, while I cut up the onions and peppers.

I smoked the chuckies on the egg for a few hours over some lump and cherry chunks. I also threw a fatty on there for breakfast sammies during the week...Naked BTW. :-D

When they were looking good I put them in the foil pan with the onions and peppers and a bottle of this.

Last time I did this I covered the pan with foil. This time I just let it ride. THAT was a good move. :thumb:

I also did 6 racks of baby backs. They came out nice too.

The fudgie wudgie guy cost me an arm and a leg on the beach all week, but at least the kids were happy. :-D

The excitement didn't stop when we got home either. My daughter lost here first tooth that night. I couldn't have been more proud, she pulled it out herself. I couldn't look, I was busy squeaming like a little girl. :tsk:

Oh and split breasts were on sale when we got back, BOGO. :biggrin1:

It was a good couple weeks, now it's back to the grind, but at least I get to hang out with you farkers again. I almost missed you guys. :becky:

:peace:

We used to vacation at Wildwood when I was a kid back in the sixties. I used to love the boardwalk in the evenings.

Nice looking food.

CD

We used to vacation at Wildwood when I was a kid back in the sixties. I used to love the boardwalk in the evenings.

Nice looking food.

CD

Yeah, Wildwood is something that's for sure. I do love the old school vibe from all of the old motels, I'll bet it was cool when they were all in their prime.

These days I'm happy we actually stay in Wildwood Crest away from a lot of the hubbub. I was hearing "watch the tram car please" in my sleep for a week after we left.

Another good thing about the Crest is there's a Tony Luke's and a Primo's right down the street. :thumb:

Yeah, Wildwood is something that's for sure. I do love the old school vibe from all of the old motels, I'll bet it was cool when they were all in their prime.

:thumb:

Hey CD! Jason just called you an OLD fark!:twitch::wacko:

Glad you could take the family on a vacation there, Mr. Lickin. The kids will remember that forever. :thumb:

Welocme back!

Hey CD! Jason just called you an OLD fark!:twitch::wacko:

Glad you could take the family on a vacation there, Mr. Lickin. The kids will remember that forever. :thumb:

Welocme back!

Shoot, they were probably riding horse and buggies up and down the boardwalk back then. :grin: :bolt:

Indians were there when I started to go to Avalon :mrgreen:
Great cooks Hope you had as nice of weather that you had for the pic Kids looked like they had fun Whats the tooth fairy cost these days

Great post Jason... Loved seeing all the food, your family and all the fun you had. You are truly blessed my friend!

So you spent your vacation cooking. Gotta hate that. Long as I can cook I can go anywhere. Nice post.

Nah, I don't mind the cooking. Matter of fact I just can't help myself really. :-D

Indians were there when I started to go to Avalon :mrgreen:
Great cooks Hope you had as nice of weather that you had for the pic Kids looked like they had fun Whats the tooth fairy cost these days

The first one cost me 8 packs of those rubber bands the kids are making bracelets out of these days. The tooth fairy sent a note to let her know that was only for the first tooth. :wink:

She lost another one last night biting into a chicken nugget. And here we all thought Mickey D's was worthless. Turns out it pays 5 bucks. :noidea:

Back