THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SkipB

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Skip
This has to do with sausage making znd I want my sausages to have about 25% fat content, but I don't know if the shoulder fat cap is included when using pork shoulder. I guess I'm asking should I trim that fat cap off or include that in the sausage?

This has to do with sausage making znd I want my sausages to have about 25% fat content, but I don't know if the shoulder fat cap is included when using pork shoulder. I guess I'm asking should I trim that fat cap off or include that in the sausage?
Howdy and welcome Skip. I don't have an answer for you but you might want to post this question in the Q talk forum you will get more visibility there.

Welcome aboard, Skip!

As Ron mentioned, you'll get more replies to your questions in the Q Talk forum, but my .02 is that I use all the fat that comes on the shoulder in my sausage making.
I also save and rib or brisket trimmings and add it in as well.

There are definitely more knowledgeable people on here who take a lot more if a scientific approach, but I'm pretty happy with the results that I get.

Everyone here is more than happy to help out if possible!

Back