THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
Been wanting to make another Tri-Tip, well, since the last time I made a Tri-Tip. I had one seasoned up with SPOG in a vacuum bag in the freezer, so I pulled it out a couple days ago and cooked it for dinner last night. Added a little more black pepper to the outside as some came off in the bag.

IMG_3114_zpsdf9acc04.jpg

It was mid-week and cool / misty out, so I decided the gasser would do fine. Cooked it indirectly to 110* and then threw it on the griddle side of the GrillGrates over direct heat to get a nice sear. Let it rest for about 15 minutes before slicing it.

IMG_3115_zpsa5776fb5.jpg

Wife was bothering me right before I pulled it off, so it went a little over temp on me...

IMG_3116_zps89d4f478.jpg

Sliced it thin and against the grain and it was still pretty tender and juicy. Served with a jazzed up box of pasta salad.

IMG_3117_zpsed72692e.jpg

Close up:

IMG_3118_zps7c3813d2.jpg

Today was the day I was waiting for. Tri-Tip Sandwiches... Sliced the meat really thin and against the grain.

IMG_3119_zps50b96d58.jpg

Caramelized some onion, green pepper, and jalapeno.

IMG_3120_zps205d447a.jpg

Built the sandwich on a Ciabatta roll with the veggies and some Monterrey Jack Cheese. Oh, and a bowl of that instant Au Jus stuff and a little more pasta salad. Next time I will try to use a drip pan and see if I can make my own Au Jus.

IMG_3121_zpsbd6e686d.jpg

Close up:

IMG_3122_zps14e85b39.jpg

And a bite:

IMG_3123_zps72991abc.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks Y'all. I am stuffed. Again. Wife scarfed all the rest of the veggies and 3 or 4 slices of meat. I think I have enough for one more sandwich tomorrow.

Can't really complain about the cost of the meat when it is that good and is good for three meals.

Who you calling a dip? And I'm not French. You must have me confused with Jed :confused:

Oh yeah... Nice sandwich! :thumb:

Back