THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eclay

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
ed
Hello everyone, i'm the new guy on the forum, thanks for the add! I was recently on a father/son(s) weekend with a bunch of other guys. We had to scramble to find a trailer pig cooker/smoker to feed everyone for the weekend. This really bothered me that I didn't have ready access to a big cooker, so I bought one for our group the following week. Like many of the impulsive, quick decisions I have made in my 45 years on earth, there was a hint of regret that I should have done a little more research before jumping right in. So I have this huge trailer cooker and I want to make some changes to it. It was sold as a reverse flow smoker, but in actuality it is not reverse flow. After this long rambling introduction, my question is where on this forum would be the appropriate place to post a thread asking for ideas to help improve the trailer, and post updates as I make the modifications? I have an idea of what changes I would like to make, but I do not know if what I want to do is practical, or even possible without a total rebuild. I did break it in the first weekend with 10lb chicken, 2 racks of St. Louis ribs, and a large round beef sirloin, and it all came out fantastic! Thanks for everyone help in advance, I have already learned more in the past couple of days from this forum about bbq than i have learned on my own in 20 years!

Attachments

Back