THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

energyzer

is one Smokin' Farker
Time to replace my old charbroil. hoping for an end of the year deal somewhere, but my question is on grills. I really like how my weber go cooks. I prefer it over my larger charbroil gasser, so I’m considering a Weber Spirit II E-310. Traeger grills are intriguing though too. Any opinions on these two for every day grilling?

Weber Go - like the "Go Anywhere" charcoal grill? Looks like they also have a gasser in the same format? In either case I'm not sure the Traeger may be what you're after if you're comparing it to two different direct heat type grills. If you were going the Weber Spirit II route, I'd probably try to score a used but clean 3+ burner Weber Genesis instead. I regularly see clean examples in the $250 to $350 range (probably less from time to time) on Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace and I think they're much better grills than the newer Spirit models. I bought a "new old stock" 3 burner last gen Genesis a couple years ago and it's a solid gas grill.

Weber Go - like the "Go Anywhere" charcoal grill? Looks like they also have a gasser in the same format? In either case I'm not sure the Traeger may be what you're after if you're comparing it to two different direct heat type grills. If you were going the Weber Spirit II route, I'd probably try to score a used but clean 3+ burner Weber Genesis instead. I regularly see clean examples in the $250 to $350 range (probably less from time to time) on Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace and I think they're much better grills than the newer Spirit models. I bought a "new old stock" 3 burner last gen Genesis a couple years ago and it's a solid gas grill.

Yeah, the Go Anywhere. Its a gasser.

What is the main differences between the Spirit and the Genesis?

I'm not thrilled with the food I've tasted from Treager Grills. So I don't have any notions to buy one myself. YMMV

I'm kind of surprised you don't like your gasser. My Charbroil gasser is hosed to natural gas. Snap, click, the heat is on. Done? Twist it's off.
When I want smoke, I go to my smoker, then grill.

I see a wide variety in your signature. Maybe go the direction you personally prefer. :clap2:

hard to go wrong with a Weber product. Take care of it, and it will last a long time. You can find parts for them at any time. The gas models are fantastic, no nonsense grills that get plenty hot. My Genesis is my midweek, need to cook something for the kids, grill.

Pellet grills are fun things, but for every day grilling, I'd lean towards the Weber. You can get high high heat on a pellet, but you usually have to make modifications to do it. Grill grates, special searing sections, etc. The best models for searing and every day grilling, are usually the super nice models and not your run of the mill Traeger. It's more like a smoky oven than anything else. I used to have a Rec Tec but ended up giving it to a friend. It's a great grill and a heap of fun, but for me, it would be a good second grill and not a replacement for my Weber.

I had started looking at used Weber gas grills on craigslist to replace my Charbroil. Then I priced replacement burners and grates. I rarely use the gasser except for using the side burner for lighting charcoal. Made more sense to keep my charbroil. If I change my mind, there are a lot of lightly used Webers around.

More power, better materials, and (I think) better warranty.

You can routinely pick up good condition gen 1 Genesis rigs from Craigslist for under $200.
If bought new, both are made in China these days. A comparable, probably better, similarly priced option built in the USA is Broil King.

Used Weber gassers (more than 3 years old, except for Spirit) are USA built.

I'm not thrilled with the food I've tasted from Treager Grills. So I don't have any notions to buy one myself. YMMV

I'm kind of surprised you don't like your gasser. My Charbroil gasser is hosed to natural gas. Snap, click, the heat is on. Done? Twist it's off.
When I want smoke, I go to my smoker, then grill.

I see a wide variety in your signature. Maybe go the direction you personally prefer. :clap2:

I do like my gas grill, its just getting old and starting to fall apart. I could rebuild the inside with a new burner and tent I suppose. What I was saying though is I prefer the way my small weber gas grill cooks over my larger charbroil. This puppy is probably 14 years old.

I just got a Weber Spirit II e-310 last week - was on summer close out sale at Lowes for $350

10 year warranty

Have used it twice and am pleased with its performance - will preheat up to 550-600 within 10 minutes

Actually cooked a Detroit Style Pizza in ii the other night - had the left and right burners on medium - center burner off - and placed the rectangle pizza over the unlit center burner - turned out excellant - even used the charcoal v box for some pecan flavor - ran steady at 400

Picked it up for weekday grilling - but wanted to see how it would operate for an indirect cook - and worked as expected

I have had the Weber Spirit S-320 for 7 years with frequent use. The best gasser I've ever owned and I've owned many lesser grills.

1ze817n.jpg

I just got a Weber Spirit II e-310 last week - was on summer close out sale at Lowes for $350

10 year warranty

Have used it twice and am pleased with its performance - will preheat up to 550-600 within 10 minutes

Actually cooked a Detroit Style Pizza in ii the other night - had the left and right burners on medium - center burner off - and placed the rectangle pizza over the unlit center burner - turned out excellant - even used the charcoal v box for some pecan flavor - ran steady at 400

Picked it up for weekday grilling - but wanted to see how it would operate for an indirect cook - and worked as expected

I have seen that Spirit for $359, but the Lowes that has it for that price is 3 hours away unfortunately. Locally they are $449. The Genesis 310 is on sale for $559 at lowes that is an hour from me. Home Depot won’t match Lowe’s clearance prices. I have seen people make comments to save your fork, prices will come down this fall....🤷🏻*♂️

Weber Spirit or Genesis?? E-310 on both

Since sales are starting to pop up, is the Genesis really that much superior to the spirit? Or is the spirit just fine?

I have now cooked on my Spirit 4 times - works perfectly fine for me

And with a 10 year warranty I am fine with the Spirit

I have a spirit and it works fine, I personally think the Genesis is a better unit from looking at it and what I have now, Weber will be my next 1 if this 1 bites the dust but will be a upper end 1 as I plan on it being the last gas grill I ever buy. my performer with gas lite will be the last grill to leave my house.

Back