THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keeperofsecrets

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
ringo
So here's mine. I spent some of my formative years in the midwest, so excuse the use of tater tots...

Staying at home and cooking breakfast is getting old. It's always brisket and eggs or sausage and eggs. For St. Patrick's day, it was Lucky Charms. :wink:

This morning I had an inspiration that worked pretty well, but I didn't plan on it being very good, so I only took the after picture.

I browned breakfast sausage and split it between two single-serve baked pasta dishes. I covered the sausage in each bowl with two well-beaten eggs. Over that, I laid thinly sliced smoked gouda, then I topped the entire thing with halved frozen tater tots.

On the package, tater tots take an absurdly long time to bake in the oven. Leaving them in that long would do things to the already cooked sausage and the eggs I didn't want to witness. My idea was to cut them in half and then reduce the overall cooking time by half as well.

Let's talk about the brute force required to cut frozen tater tots in half. I started with a steak knife. Not gonna do it. I moved to a chef's knife. Nope. I then broke out my butcher's cleaver. That did the trick, although I sacrificed about five halves to the dog who was waiting at my feet before I get the hang of chopping them without bits flying all over.

So that package said 40 minutes at 425, and I reduced the time to 20 minutes, and set the timer and DIDN'T LOOK ONCE. I just left my fate in the hands of the tater tots and drank my coffee.

Everything turned out fine. Here's a picture of after.

IZ2PwsO.jpg

I buy the tater Rounds or Crowns,depends on brand as to what they call em.We like them MUCH better than Tots.They are much thinner.Give us a cut and plated pic bro.......

Back