THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Okay... three, two, one... Blast Off. Here is my cooks tread for the ribeye throwdown. There is a lot at stake here :mrgreen: (pun intended), because being judged on a single photograph can be very hard given all of the possibilities. But for this particular throwdown the steaks (pun intended) are higher because we're being judged on three specific photographs. Yikes, this is hard for the cooks.... and will be hard to judge. I headed south for my inspiration, like to Brazil and decided on a Churrasco or Rodízio style of raised direct grilling over live fire.

First, here's how I approached this challenge. I started with a pair of boneless ribeyes and this first shot will be my photo entry #1, meat in raw form.

hfN4knX.jpg

Next, I trimmed and cubed both steaks, isolating the meat from the lip and the eye.

PdUvzZ0.jpg

Thirdly, I dry rubbed the cubes from the eyes with a local prime rib seasoning, roasted garlic powder and black pepper. And I made a wet rub with Greek olive oil, sherry, Wooster, seasoned salt, rosemary and thyme, and used this for the cubes from the lip.

TjSlRV1.jpg

For cooking I threaded all the lip cubes onto one skewer, and the cubes from the eyes onto two other skewers. The eye skewers got a 2 minute head start on my Egg, then the skewer with the lip cubes joined the party. This shot will be photo entry #2, pit shot.

aySCrOb.jpg

Lastly, the meat was returned to the cutting board for the photo entry #3, fully cooked shot.

ubngUxq.jpg

There is a Brazilian steakhouse in Denver we go to, the waiters roam around with skewers and carve individual portions at your table. I think at lunch they have about 15 choices of meats, more on the dinner menu.

It never even occurred to me to cube a ribeye and skewer that baby. What a sinking realization! I feel like I just lost a full letter grade on my life to this point.

Back