Something not right

Hot Spot

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Bob
I have had a butt half spiral ham, a little over 11 pounds on the MAK 1 star for just over 5 hours and it is at 127 degrees. I started at 245 for the first 2 hours for the smoke and then I set it to 275, after an hour bumped it up to 285 for an hour but figured the outside would be too done before the inside was heated so I put it back to 275. I have it on the upper shelf, there must be something wrong. Thermo and cooker were cleaned before starting and I made sure everything went back together correctly. This cook and my last cook, the cooker has held on the exact temp it was set at without any fluctuation which is not normal. Next time I will check the cooker temp with another source to see if the controller could be off. Beyond that, I have no idea.

. This cook and my last cook, the cooker has held on the exact temp it was set at without any fluctuation which is not normal..

My last cook on the Grilla, I had updated the app on my phone. So the SW version was out of date on my iPad.
My controller temp locked up, no fluctuation at all, and I could only tell what the temp was by using the iPad app. I could not change temps on the controller either.

Have you updated an app or the SW version on the Mak?

bowhnter, MAK is a little behind on tech, you have to manually update firmware after borrowing a module from MAK and they don’t have a dedicated app yet. It’s a web site for seeing/controlling. It works great, just ‘feels’ old.

Hot Spot, 11 lbs is quite the ham, might just be the size. I’d definitely double check next run like you mentioned. I’m with you and have always been pretty darn close though on my MAK. I still always leave the Fireboard probe in the grill, just in case a question arises where I need to get the FB out to check on it.

The graph didn't show any temp fluctuations?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back