Some Venison Steaks and a Morel Score

Just when I think you have outdone yourself.... hoop there it is.... you post another awesome cook!!!!!! Jen you are going to have to stop these post or I am going to jump a train and Hobo up to Oklahoma.....That looks soooooo good..... keep it up girl!!!!!

Thank you Adams! :becky:

Look for people with a kroger bag or a potato sack (better imo because they say you leave a trail of spores while you walk) sticking out of their back pocket walking towards a secluded patch of woods. If they leave with the sack in their hand and not still in their pocket get in there the next morning and pick 'em clean:hungry:

Great looking meal cowgirl!!
Great description Mike! :becky: Thanks... :thumb:

Ever try this morel sauce:

http://www.theonlyhossbbq.com/recipes/

Truly one of the best things I have ever had!

Thanks for the tasty lookin' post!

Thank you!! The recipe looks delicious, will give it a try. :thumb:

Just when I think you have outdone yourself.... hoop there it is.... you post another awesome cook!!!!!! Jen you are going to have to stop these post or I am going to jump a train and Hobo up to Oklahoma.....That looks soooooo good..... keep it up girl!!!!!
Thank you Paul! Come on up, I'd share with ya. :thumb:

Blue, thank you friend! :hug:

George I hope you get to try morels sometime. They're tasty! Thanks!! :-D

Wow, wow, and wow. :clap2:

Later to the party here - but dang what a great post! Natural food at its best. There is no doubt in my mind that you are living right Jeanie! I don't think anybody eats better than you do.

How long does it take for those mushrooms to kick in - oh wait, wrong kind...:twitch:

Thank you Greg and Raysor!! :-D

Wow, wow, and wow. :clap2:

Later to the party here - but dang what a great post! Natural food at its best. There is no doubt in my mind that you are living right Jeanie! I don't think anybody eats better than you do.

How long does it take for those mushrooms to kick in - oh wait, wrong kind...:twitch:

lol Greg they effect me as soon as I see them sittin' pretty on the ground. :becky:
Thanks!! :thumb:

Cowgirl, the morels are beautiful here! It's been cold, so I'm hoping we get some decent weather to go looking. My husband's going out next week to look, but he's worried the weather hasn't been cooperating.

Castlepines thanks!!
Hope you give em a try. :)

Cowgirl, the morels are beautiful here! It's been cold, so I'm hoping we get some decent weather to go looking. My husband's going out next week to look, but he's worried the weather hasn't been cooperating.
mt, I bet they are great in PA. I understand about the darned weather...hope it improves soon for you. Good luck with the hunt! :-D

Been going crazy waiting on then shroom season, now your post!!! Sure does look tasty.
Mind saying which method you use to dry your morels. I have never found enough to get past the fry pan yet, i'm still green at finding them. Hoping this year.

Been going crazy waiting on then shroom season, now your post!!! Sure does look tasty.
Mind saying which method you use to dry your morels. I have never found enough to get past the fry pan yet, i'm still green at finding them. Hoping this year.

Thank you DJ! I slice mine in half (making sure there are no bugs inside) then I dry them on a screen in my oven on the lowest setting and with the door propped open.
I've dried them in my smokehouse too but most of the time in the oven.
I don't wash the morels first.... I like to soak them in fresh water after drying, changing the water a couple of times to clean them before cooking.
Hope this helps, good luck hunting! :-D

Back