THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I saw the 36" unit at my local home depot, looks interesting.

Reading the reviews from the HD site, several folks have had electronics issues showing error codes and the burners not working.

I saw the 36" unit at my local home depot, looks interesting.

Reading the reviews from the HD site, several folks have had electronics issues showing error codes and the burners not working.

I've tried to warn folks a few different times here about that Loco griddle. It's pretty, but a pretty big piece of crap. I had numerous issues - DOA ignitor, scratches all over (their customer service blamed it on my assembly) ~100* difference on cooking surface when all were set to the same temp, didn't get over 350* anywhere, doors didn't fit right and again customer service sucked - magnets weren't strong enough to hold them closed. Don't say I didn't warn ya....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y’all I ain’t joking! She’s been on me to buy another flattop since I got rid of the Blackstone.

Oh LAWD I just got YOLO’d by th’ cowgirl :razz:

And here’s what is holding me back ^^^

It’s too new!

This thing fixed everything I didn’t like about the blackstone but I think give it a bit on the market, let all the bugs rear their ugly head and see if LoCo addresses them.

In the mean time ponder this purchase --The Bride a Blackstone Table Top, easy to maintain and remain seasoned. Set up and storage take less than a minute. Easily cook a metric CT of food. I curbed my Blackstone stand alone (actually sold it) and bought the tabletop for around $50. Any more that's not two chicken strip dinners with tea. It may not work in your Familia but works perfectly here. Link to Walmart Blackstone griddle . Again, just to hold y'all over,. Until

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blacksto...bletop-Outdoor-Griddle/805843608?athbdg=L1600

They also make a portable 2Burner. You've read enough to know I'd only pay retail in an emergency. Sales, Closeout etc are nice

Last edited:
Got any first hand pros and/or cons?

I have to say it’s impressive!

I don't have any experience with other brands of flattops but I can say it is very well built and works as advertised. Set the temp and it maintains it. So far, the only complaint I have is it is very susceptible to wind.... not sure if the other brands have the same problem. The wife was skeptical until I made some chicken fried rice...now she is always asking "what else can we cook on it"!!

We have a small local outlet place near us that got several pallets of Pit Boss 36" 4 burner griddles, the small Pit Boss 2 burner tabletop griddles, and a Pit Boss pellet grill I didn't look at too closely.

They were selling the tabletops for $60 each or 2/$100, and $200 on the big 4 burners. No idea on the pellet grills. We walked by a head high pallet of the tabletops on the way in, and 30 minutes later picked three out for our kids Christmas presents next year from the remaining four. The owner told us he's sold about 1100 of these griddles in various sizes over the last couple of months.

I think they got some more of the big 4 burners back in a couple of days ago, but they probably won't last past lunch Saturday at best. I don't have a place to keep the big boy griddle, but I'm really regretting not getting one of the tabletops for my wife and I now. Oh well - On the bright side, one of the kids will probably annoy me enough to claim one before Christmas, and they'll get a fruitcake.

I can't tell from the picture, but it looks like an air gap between the griddle and the base unit.

If it is a gap, and wide enough, any breeze will affect it.

It certainly did on the older Blackstones, but I picked up an after market wind shield to mitigate.

I think your electronics bugs are the main drawback though.

Good luck!

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth... after seeing the prices for the Loco, I'd pay a couple hundred more for a thermostatically controlled 36" griddle with a 3/4" or 1" thick cooking surface. YOLO as Cowgirl says.

A few years ago I bought their jet burner, crawfish pot and basket set. Everything seems to light weight. Works OK. Just seems flimsy.

Robert

Maybe I am cheap but, for $500 difference I will stick with my 4 burner 36" Blackstone. I have not had any issues with it.

In the mean time ponder this purchase --The Bride a Blackstone Table Top, easy to maintain and remain seasoned. Set up and storage take less than a minute. Easily cook a metric CT of food. I curbed my Blackstone stand alone (actually sold it) and bought the tabletop for around $50. Any more that's not two chicken strip dinners with tea. It may not work in your Familia but works perfectly here. Link to Walmart Blackstone griddle . Again, just to hold y'all over,. Until

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blacksto...bletop-Outdoor-Griddle/805843608?athbdg=L1600

They also make a portable 2Burner. You've read enough to know I'd only pay retail in an emergency. Sales, Closeout etc are nice

The Blackstone 17” tabletop electric tabletop griddle is great too and wind is never an issue. Got one for RV travel and couldn’t be happier. Don’t have to mess with bottles or hose hook up either.

Look at th’ burners on THAT bad boy!!!

Windproof? THAT would be sweet!

If you buy it give us a full review please!

Jeremy,

I'm trying my very best to restrain my wallet from releasing $900 on the new Traeger Flat Rock......If you haven't checked it out, you should. Better burner system than Blackstone or Weber, and wind proof. Weber's new unit looks ok too.

In for a penny in for a pound? I’m skipping the loco and thinking of going halo

https://halo-pg.com/product/elite4b-outdoor-griddle/

I have been very satisfied with the quality of my Halo pizza oven and customer service! The propane quick connect arrived damaged and Halo very quickly sent a new and entire propane unit.

I saw one at a local Ace and the Halo griddle looks like an excellent product!

Go for it!

Jeremy,

I'm trying my very best to restrain my wallet from releasing $900 on the new Traeger Flat Rock......If you haven't checked it out, you should. Better burner system than Blackstone or Weber, and wind proof. Weber's new unit looks ok too.

I went last week to the local ACE and they were sold out, I’ll keep checkin’ back cause I do want to look one of them over!

Back