THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Dave

Full Fledged Farker
IMG_0708.jpg

This McCormick Grill Mates recipe has ben all over the web in the last week or two and the recipe shows it done in a cast iron skillet on a gas grill but I decided to try it in my little Cobb Grill in an all Stainless steel pan. It came out quite well.

IMG_0688.jpg

I used the larger charcoal basket from the Cobb BBQ Kit and loaded it with 18 all hardwood briquets from my Weber small charcoal chimney. I need a medium hot fire for this treat.

IMG_0690.jpg

Added a little oil and my smoked sausage for the first step in this recipe. This cooked about 5 minutes.

IMG_0691.jpg

Next were the veggies consisting of chopped onions, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and some spices. This cooked about 6 minutes.

IMG_0694.jpg

Next was about 3 cups of frozen hash browns. This cooked about 6 minutes.

IMG_0695.jpg

Next, I stirred in about a cup of sharp Cheddar cheese. I cooked this about 2 minutes and made 4 indentations on the top of the cook for the eggs.

IMG_0697.jpg

Just after I cracked four eggs into the pan.

IMG_0698.jpg

Used a lid to help get the eggs done and I also warmed up my muffins at the same time.

IMG_0701.jpg

It is done and ready to come off of the Cobb.

IMG_0705.jpg

This picture got fuzzy...I musta been in my cups, anyway, I added some chopped cilantro and a little sour cream and served with some garden tomatoes and cottage cheese and a slice of cantaloupe.

I’ll do this one again...

Back