THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
Sitting on a large jug of pure maple syrup, it was time I started using it. So the creative juices started flowing. We have a McCormick's Smokehouse maple seasoning, so in keeping with the theme, I made a maple mustard glaze for the this as well.

Reduced to a thick syrup about 1/2 cup maple syrup, 4 Tbsp grainy mustard, 4 Tbsp French's yellow mustard, 1/4 Tsp dried rosemary, 1/4 Tsp dried sage and 1/2 Tsp chili flakes.

maplemustardglaze_zpsn5ixqe4d.jpg

Started by rubbing the chicken thighs with the smokehouse maple rub and a couple salt and pepper thighs for the non-maple loving member of the family. I'm sure she may be adopted!

smokehousemaplechickenthigs_zpsxlh8k6mi.jpg

Then with the grill nice and hot, on the went for a little searing on each side before moving to indirect heat.

grill_zpsh9tdzirx.jpg

When nearing the correct internal temp, I started brushing on the maple mustard glaze.

grillglaze_zpsp02mvqyw.jpg

grillglaze2_zpsuqdzmxmy.jpg

Then it was onto the plate with a mass of mashed potatoes and peas. Delicious.

maplemustardthighsplated_zpsilqtosg3.jpg

The glaze was a little on the sweet side, so maybe a touch more red wine vinegar and yellow mustard and definitely more chili flakes would make this a go to in the future.

Thanks for looking.

Dean

Was out of balsamic so opted for the red wine vinegar otherwise it would have been balsamic.

Back