THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okie Sawbones

Banned
After cooking several racks of St. Louis cut ribs, I took the trimmings and rib tips and smoked the meat for several hours to get the meat very tender. Then I cooked the meat (recipe follows), adding roasted Anaheim peppers and chipotle sauce and seasonings.

Part 1

3a_zpsl72rkztu.jpg

Part 2 - Chipotle Sauce

3b_zpslzc4k7ix.jpg

And the soft taco, with onions, cheese, crema, and tomatillo salsa. I have to say it was pretty tasty.

3c_zpstqf4t1dy.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Pork Rib Tacos[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ingredients[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]2 pounds pork rib tips and flap meat, smoked until very tender, then pulled [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon salt [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]6 ounces diced roasted green chile peppers (I use Anaheim)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 large cloves garlic, pressed [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3 Tbs. chipotle sauce **[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Chicken broth as needed [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3 Tbs. fresh lime juice [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3 Tbs. chopped cilantro [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Directions[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Smoke the meat for 2 ½ hours at 275F, then foil with apple juice and cook for 3 more hours. When cooled, shred the meat. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Place the meat, peppers, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and seasonings in a pot. Add just enough chicken broth to allow a steady simmer. Cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Uncover and simmer until excess liquid is removed.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Serve the meat mixture on hard or soft tacos, along with your favorite toppings, such as avocados, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions, chopped olives, sour cream, and salsa.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]** Chipotle Sauce[/FONT]

• 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce plus 1 tsp. sauce (canned), or 1 ½ tsps. chipotle powder
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • ⅓ cup Mexican crema or plain yogurt
  • ¼ cup chopped cilantro
  • ¼ tsp. ground cumin
  • Salt, to taste
Blend all ingredients until smooth.

Back