THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're right, Pitmaster T, it's slivovitz and pronounced just like you wrote it.

Scp, you have a good idea. I heard several people on this forum express an interest in sauring cabbage heads. Pictures would paint a thousand words, if we make them this fall I'll do a photo documentary. Good idea, thanks.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. It was a lot of fun to do especially since my old camera died and I bought a new one. Using that 9 year old cheapo camera was agony, I'm thrilled to have a new one that works well and makes sense.

The photos are great! What kind of camera did you wind up with, I've been looking around for a new one myself.

Thanks,
KC

Those look AMAZING!!!:hungry:

I am going to ahve to make those some time. I will have to pick a time when it is just me and the kids because my wife hates cabbage stuff (yeah she's farking nuts obviously), or maybe just me because the kids might not like the idea of eating those.

But I think these looks DELICIOUS!!!:hungry: Must try!

I love cabbage rolls too.. yours look fantastic!! Good luck with the throwdown, looks like a winner to me!! :thumb:

First off, amazing post...those really do look amazing, and having seen my grandfather make these, I know it takes a lot of work. I never thought about smoking them, I'm going to have to try that.

Secondly, I have a quick story. I asked my grandfather this past Xmas for his exact recipe. He's getting older and I really wanted to keep it going. He told me he doesn't really have it on paper he just "wings" it. So I ask my wife to go kiss up to him and see what info she can get. Takes her five minutes and she got the whole thing down on paper! :doh:

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack. Kathy you've got my vote!

Again, nicely done. We should start a Countdown to your next pictorial. Great job utilizing the Camera's Eye. You should take some grilling photos next Bastille Day down at Lakeside Park.

Eric

The photos are great! What kind of camera did you wind up with, I've been looking around for a new one myself.

Thanks,
KC

I bought a Panasonic DMC-GF1 FourThirds that was on sale in January about 75% off. I went crazy one night, did a bunch of surfing, understood very little camera jargon and was looking for a $200 camera. The GF1 was about $70 more than I wanted to spend but I had this feeling deep in my gut it was right for me so I went for it. Was I shocked to find out on delivery that it was a body with no lens! Holy smokes! I looked up the cost of a lens and though extremely disappointed to let it go for a reason I could not fathom, I decided to exchange it at their brick and mortar store. Spent a lot of time there, picked two great cameras to exchange the body for but just couldn't do it. I bought a 20mm pancake lens instead. The clincher was I am a writer (because I write, not because I'm published) and I'm working on books I will self-publish. With this camera I could use my own photos for book covers or inside books --buying the lens was cheaper than hiring a photographer. What I'm finding out is this camera fits my head like a glove and it's rekindled the passion that my previous digital camera put out. I'm still learning auto and hope to be fluent in manual by the summer.

Back