THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enrico Brandizzi

Babbling Farker
Another experiment with PINK Butcher Paper. Not like the last time. That was brown.

I started with same SLC pork ribs. I slatered some WS + yellow mustard then I rubbed w/ Meathead's Memphis Dust. I let it rest in fridge for round 1 hour, then in the WSM with apple + cherry mix @230/240F. Some water was in on the lower grate but not in water pan witch was removed and replaced with pizza stone

IMG_2645 di BBQness, su Flickr

Three hours later the slab looked like this

IMG_2656 di BBQness, su Flickr

I immediately double wrapped the slab with PINK BP e put it back in the WSM @ 230/240F. Cooking T was really steady all over the cooking session.

IMG_2661 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_2665 di BBQness, su Flickr

After 3 more hours I unwrapped and let it dry a bit. It was like this

IMG_2672 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_2675 di BBQness, su Flickr

After 40 mins was like this

IMG_2682 di BBQness, su Flickr

I sauced it and let it set for 20 mins more. Finally....

IMG_2685 di BBQness, su Flickr

Plated

IMG_2691 di BBQness, su Flickr

Sliced

IMG_2695 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_2699 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_2703 di BBQness, su Flickr

This second experiment ended with a slightly under cooked ribs. Bark was good. Smoke flavor perfect for me. Texture/tenderness as sayd, needed some more time. Moistness not as the foil version but not dry. Simply, less moist.

Thanks for stopping by.
Enrico

Some very nice looking ribs, but as you have already acknowledged they need more time. Hard to believe that they cooked for 7 hours and were still not done. Any chance your temps were lower than 230?

Some very nice looking ribs, but as you have already acknowledged they need more time. Hard to believe that they cooked for 7 hours and were still not done. Any chance your temps were lower than 230?

Sorry, total cooking time was 3+2+1 not 3+3+1. I wrote wrong.
About thermo, I have checked and the boiling T was 211/212F. Perfect.

Enrico… What made you try the paper over foil? I am curious about BP because I see so many using it? The only advantage I can see is to remove some "grease" from the meat but in my part of the world that means less moist. Am I missing something?

Back