Site setup question (canopy)

that's another good questions about number of or size of single canopy. I bought the single 10x10 and was thinking about getting another 10x10. If I need I will set them side by side, if I dont need then I have the flexibility to not use he second one.

We switched from 2 10x10s to 1 10x20, and have never regretted it. Easier to set up, no leaks in the middle, and fits with our cook site setup. We want to have a seating area, washing area, and prep areas, and the 10x10 isn't enough.

We still keep a 10x10 on hand for events where we vend, and use that with the 10x20.

The 10x20 pulls double duty for our Fall camping trips too:

DSCN2978_zps9f6a463e.jpg

I bought a gutter for my canopies and love it. The one from caravan is a fortune, so I picked up the king canopy rain gutter from sams. It was under $7. The caravan one is somewhere near $70. I have two caravans and this gutter works perfectly on them.

Hope the link is alright.

Last edited:
Just buy a second one...think of it as an investment in your comfort!

Hey (in my best Si Robertson voice) we may be Polish but we ain't no dummies. We bought a 10 x 20 to replace the two 10 x 10's after the second Battle of the BBQ Brethren monsoon in Sayville.

caravan has some gutter setup for when you use 2 10x10, anyone use them and like them?

Noooooooooooooo.......don't do it. It's basically the same gutter system as EZup. It is terrible at keeping a heavy rain out. It just can't keep up. In a light rain it is ok. It is not my money to spend but if I were you I would invest in a 10 x 20.

If we are on grass we will use stakes but most times we are on asphalt so we use 5 gallon buckets and coolers. The buckets are easy to store.

We switched from 2 10x10s to 1 10x20, and have never regretted it. Easier to set up, no leaks in the middle, and fits with our cook site setup. We want to have a seating area, washing area, and prep areas, and the 10x10 isn't enough.

We still keep a 10x10 on hand for events where we vend, and use that with the 10x20.

Did you get a Caravan? We always use 2 10x10s, and they are starting to show their age.

Last competition (well actuallyl my only one so far) I noticed someone had used the water buckets, but used a bungee cord between the bucket and the rope to the frame...seemed a good idea to me, give a bit of flex in the wind

I'm going to try the bucket route first
Our Walmart Bakery sells their Icing Buckets w/Lid for $1.00. They just need a good scrubbing to get the residue out. I usually leave them open to help vent the sweet aroma... Cheers!!!

These are on our shopping list this year.

Undercover® Gravity-Tube™ Ultimate Anchor System

http://www.costco.com/Undercover®-G...hor-System.product.11516191.html#BVRRWidgetID

wallace

I was wondering if anyone would suggest these ... it's what we have used for a couple years, they are great. Sure, they are $50 or so ... but they are tough, come with everything needed (adjustable straps, connectors, storage bag) and are HEAVY when full. When you are done, dump out the water, roll 'em up and put all four into a velcro bag about the size of a shoe box.

I was wondering if anyone would suggest these ... it's what we have used for a couple years, they are great. Sure, they are $50 or so ... but they are tough, come with everything needed (adjustable straps, connectors, storage bag) and are HEAVY when full. When you are done, dump out the water, roll 'em up and put all four into a velcro bag about the size of a shoe box.

LOL!!! You guys set-up is where I got the idea from.:mrgreen:

They are on our shopping list for sure!!

Thanks.

wallace

Back