Silverfingers Carne Asada Recipe.

Looks great. I've never seen any meat labeled flap here. I was under the impression that folks used meat labeled as skirt or flank here for carna asada. I haven't made it in years but flank/skirt steak was a challenge for me to get tender. I wonder if the flap steak is a completely different cut.

The carna asada served in the restaurants here is always very tender. Guess I need to learn how to do it right!

Looks great. I've never seen any meat labeled flap here. I was under the impression that folks used meat labeled as skirt or flank here for carna asada. I haven't made it in years but flank/skirt steak was a challenge for me to get tender. I wonder if the flap steak is a completely different cut.

The carna asada served in the restaurants here is always very tender. Guess I need to learn how to do it right!

Titch was asking the same question earlier about flap meat.
I did do a little research today about it and honestly, I need to do some more about the differance between these meats.

One thing I found today said that flap meat is a thin cut just off the top of tri-tip.
We have it here all the the time just like we do tri-tip.

That might explain why we have flap meat here and others don't.
Seems many have a hard time finding tri-tip. I bet they are the same folks that can't find flap meat.

The meat is real tender. My wife has me cook it up like you would a steak.
I will use evoo, salt, pepper and garlic. She loves it just like that.

Any meat experts out there care to share about the differant cuts of meat used for carne Asada. ?

Great stuff guys. I always thought skirt and flank were the same cut. I really need to study up on a nice and big meat chart I can hang on the wall so I can easily see it and work on reducing my ignorance on the different cuts of meat. I'm sure I can find one somewhere.
Thanks

Thanks for posting this, I'm going to give it a try! I love carne asada tacos, burritos, tostadas . . .

One thing I can pass on to those here in SoCal: if you're ever not up for marinating your own carne asada, the Vallarta supermarket chain has absolutely KILLER pre-marinated carne asada and chicken in their butcher counter... just buy it and take it home and grill it. Most of us on here prefer to do our own marinades, etc., but sometimes you need a quicker option. This is one that is outstanding.

I ALWAYS do recipes exactly as written on my first go. However.... The Chef Merito seasonings were a booger to get! I went on Amazon and ordered a couple bottles, but ran into my very first bad non amazon seller experience. Sooooo....after 20 days waiting on the original order and an Amazon A-Z refund the new package arrived a couple days later and is on the table waiting for this to get started!

Again, thanks for sharing.

I ALWAYS do recipes exactly as written on my first go. However.... The Chef Merito seasonings were a booger to get! I went on Amazon and ordered a couple bottles, but ran into my very first bad non amazon seller experience. Sooooo....after 20 days waiting on the original order and an Amazon A-Z refund the new package arrived a couple days later and is on the table waiting for this to get started!

Again, thanks for sharing.

Dang, thats crazy..
Can't wait to hear how it comes out!

Back