Shredded Chicken Tacos

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Just something I've been in the mood for lately - Shredded Chicken Tacos. The big decision today was use the Blackstone or use the Goldens'? The Goldens' won out.

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts seasoned with Plowboys Yardbird. You just can't go wrong with Yardbird when it comes to chicken. The fun part of tacos is all the fixin's. I tend to go overboard but it provides some awesome choices when it comes to putting these together.

Chicken, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, Jalapenos, Poblanos and onion on the grill -

CSPNZXv.jpg

AR3BlKQ.jpg

While those were grilling nicely, a sneak peek at a Sourdough loaf I started last night and baked in the oven -

CxaxwLO.jpg

It's still too warm to slice into. I'll do so either later this evening or tomorrow.

Way too many toppings to choose from. Cheddar w/ Jalapeno, Cotija, Diced Tomato, Shredded Lettuce, Salsa, Guac, Sour Cream, all the peppers and the onion. Probably forgetting a few but it was difficult getting them all on to the same taco -

g7S1DtO.jpg

OeDCVQD.jpg

u6VgTam.jpg

x0hAl1j.jpg

The pictures aren't doing these justice. But darn, were they good. Nothing like Yardbird shredded chicken with all the toppings.

Thanks for checking in on today's dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

It doesn't matter what you cook or what you cook it on, it always leaves me drooling! They look great, and my solution to not being able to get all the toppings on the same taco is to get larger tortillas:thumb:
Have a great weekend, Dom.

Looks great! I would have had to simplify...pick two or three ingredients per taco and keep it simple!

Very Impressive! When I have a plethora of toppings like that,I find myself making “open face” style tacos and breaking out the knife and fork.Sometimes I will create the tacos in a plate sans tortillas and just eat the mixture with torn pieces of tortilla using my fingers.It give me a calm,primitive sorta feeling.

I,m in, did you make the Taco

Nope, store bought. Though, no surprise - I do have a recipe for sourdough tortillas that I'm itching to try. No time today with weekend woodworking, prepping dinner and the sourdough loaf. I know, I'm slipping. :wink:

I couldn't leave the Brethren hanging and besides, my wife wanted me to cut into it to see how the sourdough loaf turned out. I was having problems waiting til morning myself. :shock:

o3UHC1w.jpg

4WsmYzY.jpg

kdU24tM.jpg

fGrxSzu.jpg

I think I may be getting the hang of this. :grin:

-Dom

Back