THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blues_n_cues

is Blowin Smoke!
lol.
If you have a Sav-A-Lot near you you can buy Choice grade whole Ribeye's for $3.99 per lb. not that great a grade of meat but after trimming yourself & cooking it right....
this one was 16.62 lbs @ $66.00
got 6 steaks,2 general purpose roasts/strips,& two 5LB "roasts" I'll be low & slow cooking over mesquite & pecan on the rotisserie as Prime Rib.

(waiting on a case of whole Chuck rolls @ $3.99 per LB too):wink:

pics%20008_zpsjph0mvxy.jpg

pics%20009_zps5cpacwjf.jpg

pics%20010_zpsnysrnlrl.jpg

pics%20011_zpsdbvgeykq.jpg

tonight's steaks marinating in Worchy,Balsamic vin,garlic & onion pwdrs,Pink Hawaiian salt,fresh cracked Black,and Bolner's Fajita/Uncle Chris' Steak Seasoning.

pics%20012_zpsxm5egoi0.jpg

this is one I did before-
pics%20005_zpsih36qijw.jpg

pics%20009_zpsbg3bl9rz.jpg

and,just 'cause ya gotta have something to keep ya busy while...........
a cranked Marshall & a Les Paul is pretty hard to beat.
pics%20002_zps1jrb8fvf.jpg

Last edited:
and the rest of the story................
Dad came to visit & brought me my old collection of Post-War Lionel O-Gauge trains.I'll spare you most of it but there's some pretty collectible stuff for those in the know (there's almost 3,000 feet of track not shown)-
pics%20013_zpspu3nkyt4.jpg

pics%20018_zpso1ujoalx.jpg

so anyway- we did Prime Rib on the Rotis over Pecan,Cherry,& Hickory hulls-
pics%20010_zpsbdmyp4cy.jpg

pics%20011_zps1nwjtmvq.jpg

pics%20012_zps1qwmlnql.jpg

and today's leftovers were Philly Cheese-
pics%20001_zpsrz3xajun.jpg

pics%20002_zpsvnpfmqob.jpg

I was loving the story above (don't know how I missed the start)... then, I lost my train of thought. Guess I got sidetracked!

Had my first taste of smoked prime rib at Lockhart's in Dallas last weekend. It was divine!
Between the two of you, I'm hooked... seriously need to try my hand at the same.

You sure whipped up a mean batch of grub!

That prime rib looks great. I've been hooked on it since the 60s, vacations in Hawaii my uncle used to take us to Haiku Gardens in Kaneohe Oahu, they smoked it in oak barrels.

Awesome cook, looks great. I'm way past overdue on doing this cut.

I still can't get past my firefighter days and just shake my head though at the number of people that use a coal grill or smoker on a wooden deck. I've seen so many house fires or close calls because of this very thing.... to include my brother in law. Torched half his deck the week after I warned him. 10 ft isn't worth the risk.

Awesome cook, looks great. I'm way past overdue on doing this cut.

I still can't get past my firefighter days and just shake my head though at the number of people that use a coal grill or smoker on a wooden deck. I've seen so many house fires or close calls because of this very thing.... to include my brother in law. Torched half his deck the week after I warned him. 10 ft isn't worth the risk.

how do you know I was on a wooden deck? :icon_shy
anyway,I always keep a waterhose nearby & never leave the pit when I'm cooking.

Back