Sam's Club no longer carrying Pork Belly?

jstrand

Full Fledged Farker
Just got home from Sam's Club wanted pork belly to make bacon. Asked the butcher if they had any and he said they quit getting it about 5 months ago and he's not sure what's going on. Is this an anomaly for my area only? This was the Shakopee store in Minnesota. Very disappointed, this was the reason I got a membership.:mmph:

I haven't seen it in mine for quite a while, so your findings may be widespread.

KXv0E4V.jpg

I recently got one for bacon, they must have had 20 to choose from.... but Prime briskets are not coming in on a regular basis to my store. They told me that corporate is getting more active and not allowing the stores to place unrestricted ordering.

KXv0E4V.jpg

I recently got one for bacon, they must have had 20 to choose from.... but Prime briskets are not coming in on a regular basis to my store. They told me that corporate is getting more active and not allowing the stores to place unrestricted ordering.

Lucky dog!

Maybe it's all going to China do to their pork shortage.

I believe you can get it at Restaurant Depot yet. You don't need a membership for the Brooklyn Center location.

The guy in our Sam's meat department told me he didn't know what it was. He said he never heard of it but people kept asking him for it. I really didn't know if he was serious but they definitely don't have it.

I heard this week that there's some kind of swine sickness that is killing millions of pigs in China and other countries and it's coming this way. China is one of the largest consumers of pork, so I guess lots of what we used to get, is going to fill the void. Pork prices will be going up, if they haven't already.

I'm almost positive Cub in Shakopee sells pork bellies. They also carry tri-tip.

I bought my last belly at RD, but realized I don't like removing the skin. Cut my hand slightly!:icon_blush:

I could get them at the local grocery but they told me they were 6.50 or more a pound. That's more than finished bacon costs. Not the reason for doing homemade but I'm not willing to pay that much. Might try that Cub though, or just switch to Costco. The Eden Prairie local is right on my way home from work anyway.

My Sam's had them last weekend must be a regional thing or making room for Thanks Giving and Christmas food .

Mine still has them, probably just depends on how many they sell at a given location.

Back