Russ from West Virginia, mountain momma

rbwalton

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Russ
Hey all,

Excited to be part of the community here. I've already picked up a lot from a lot of smart people browsing threads while waiting for my approval. Brand new to smoking but always willing to shut up and learn a thing or two from anyone willing to teach me. I'm about to place my order for a custom Shirley Fabrication pit. I learned how to drive on a 10 speed Mack and I learned how to operate heavy equipment on a CAT D8 so I figured I might as well do like I've always done and go all in with a stick burner. I'll be practicing on a cheaper unit and taking notes from you fine folks in the meantime, however.

Welcome Russ. You will certainly have your hands full with the advice and techniques the members here will pass on. Are you getting a full size Shirley or the backyard model?

Welcome Russ. You will certainly have your hands full with the advice and techniques the members here will pass on. Are you getting a full size Shirley or the backyard model?

Thank you, Ron. That's exactly what I'm looking for. The more information I can get the better. So I'm getting one of the 24"x42" patio models they offer. I was gonna get the 24"x36" with the quicker lead time but there were a few minor options I wanted to add on and I like the extra room so I just pulled the trigger on the larger pit. I don't want to turn this into a Shirley ad but after reaching out to so many custom builders over the last few weeks their customer service and information provided was head and shoulders above the rest. I see why so many here like them.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Australia, eh? I have a bogan buddy in Brisbane. Not actually bogan, just acts like it for the laughs I suppose. What's the bbq like over there?

Back