THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not top shelf but good burn pleasant aroma. Little dark on start up but thin blues quickly. I’m a b&b fan but enjoy trying others. Picked up several bags last year and three bags recently— I’ll use them.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=375025590
Same. I really like the B&B hickory lump but haven't seen it yet. My local Walmart just got in a shipment of the Western. I bought 4 bags and going to get 4 more tomorrow. I'm hoping they bring back the B&B also.

I saw the deal on RO Briqs. Started to get some but didn’t trust it. Deal seemed to good to be true. Half the price of kingsford blue? That’s a big diff. But if u guys are getting good results I’ll try some. Bought one of those 30lb bags of Western Lump a few months ago. Never again. Burns good and hot but pops and shoots out sparks like 4 of July fireworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grabbed 4 bags of Western yesterday. I'll probably make it a habit to grab a bag or two every time I have to run to Walmart. If they drop in price like last year then I'll have to make a special trip to really load up.

Thanks for the heads up! I was waiting in the car at wal-mart and read this....i waited for my wife to come out and ran in to buy a couple.

So when u guys used the Western Lump it didn’t shoot sparks like crazy when u lit it up? Or u didn’t really mind the spark? This is the only brand that ever did that to me. Price is good tho especially for a 30lb bag. And it burns hot too. But it was sparking and popping so bad I was ducking and jumpin like somebody was shooting at me for the first 10 mins.

So when u guys used the Western Lump it didn’t shoot sparks like crazy when u lit it up? Or u didn’t really mind the spark? This is the only brand that ever did that to me. Price is good tho especially for a 30lb bag. And it burns hot too. But it was sparking and popping so bad I was ducking and jumpin like somebody was shooting at me for the first 10 mins.

I've only used 2 bags but I don't remember it sparking any worse than RO lump.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back