Rotisserie smoker build

That is cool ... have you made one of these before ? Saw also that you've made some off sets also ...

This is my first rotisserie. Just did that 1 small offset in the videos. Really itching to show what I can do on a 250 gallon. Going to build one regardless eventually but would like to have someone lined up for it first.

There's a 1/4" heat diverter welded in with a 2 inch gap all around. Would have liked to keep it removable but being on a trailer it would need to be adjusted all the time after going down the road.

Next one will have some revisions. Like smaller cook chamber door for 1.

Last edited:
Thanks for added pics and vid. Would like to see the drive side set-up, and specs if you'd care to share?

Rotisseries are great for roasting. Not sure what the benefit of rotisserie for a smoker would be, unless one side of smoker was much hotter than another.

Thanks for added pics and vid. Would like to see the drive side set-up, and specs if you'd care to share?
Sure. Dimensions are 48'L×38W×49"T. The stars that hold the grates are 40" total being 20" end to center. Grates are 43 3/4"×13". Grates could be a bit smaller width wise by a 1/4" or make the stars a bit longer to push the grates farther apart

Here's a picture of the motor with gear setup. Will post a better one once I get it all back together. Motor is 6rpm and with a 48 and 16 gear it's down to 2rpm. Wanted to go mounted direct but 6rpm was too fast.

Nice looking build. If you have not already done so, might consider doors to fire grates on the other side too, provided trailer configuration allowed it. You are definitely a talented fabricator. Cool looking stacks.

That side is going to be butted up to trailer. This was the first one and I was basically shooting from the hip. Definitely a few things I'm going to do differently next go around.

Rotisserie

Rotisseries are great for roasting. Not sure what the benefit of rotisserie for a smoker would be, unless one side of smoker was much hotter than another.

It’s pretty common to have a rotisserie on a large commercial smoker. It’s way easier to load a lot of meat than on fixed racks. It also allows you to better utilize the space.

I had a jedmaster with a similar design to this one and it made damn good food.

Personally I like building offsets but I'll build whatever someone wants as long as I have the means to. This person was set on a rotisserie. I would have gone with an insulated vertical in his situation

Back