Rolled and Tied Pork Tenderlion

Texas Hogger

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Terry
For the "Boned, Rolled & Tied" throw down (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296592 ), I went with a pork tenderloin.

I slit it down the middle and pounded it out flat.

Last week I found some Johnsonville sausage strips at Sam's, so I made a weave with them.
I laid the flattened loin on the weave, spread some green chiles over it and added some extra sharp cheddar slices.
Then I rolled and tied it and threw it on the Weber kettle for some indirect heat.
I mashed some taters and made some gravy from the pan drippings.

I was please with the results but I think I prefer a bacon weave over the sausage strips.

Thanks for checking out this thread

Now here is the pron:

Attachments

• rolled1.jpg
    rolled1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 142
  • rolled2.jpg
    rolled2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 140
  • rolled3.jpg
    rolled3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 140
  • rolled.jpg
    rolled.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 139
  • rolled 7 (1).jpg
    rolled 7 (1).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 139
  • rolled 8.jpg
    rolled 8.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 140
  • rolled 18.jpg
    rolled 18.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 139
  • rolled 17.jpg
    rolled 17.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 138
  • rolled 10.jpg
    rolled 10.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 139
I just finished eating not long ago - but I'd absolutely destroy that plate! Looks incredible. The sausage strips are a new one for me, too.

Looks good!
First saw the sausage strips a year or so ago.They have an odd consistency, and not a lot of flavor. The maple ones were ok, we never even finished off the chorizo ones, and haven't tried any since.

I had never seen or heard of sausage strips until I saw them at Sam's; so I figured I would give them a try.

NOT impressed.

I should have stuck with bacon.
Johnsonville should stick with brats.

I had never seen or heard of sausage strips until I saw them at Sam's; so I figured I would give them a try.

NOT impressed.

I should have stuck with bacon.
Johnsonville should stick with brats.

The sausage strips don't suck when fried crisp. Maybe a bit tough but quite tasty. IMO...
But you are probably right to think that bacon might have done better to wrap your porker.

Back