THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicely done. I really like to use ceompound butter under the skin and the way it both adds flavor and helps keep the meat moist. Bet that would make a great rotisserie bird too!

chickplateclose_zps329f311d.jpg

Great cook Bob... :mrgreen:

I started out doing beer can chicken, then butterfly style, now i need to try tying up a chicken..... wait that don't sound right :doh: It all looks good Bob!

To this day I have never spatchcocked a bird. I had given thought to perhaps trying, but this OP gives me pause to that notion now. Very nice bird, indeed.

We spatchcocked a turkey this past Thanksgiving, and it turned out great. I don't really see a need for chicken. I beer can them on the smoker, or rotisserie them on my gas grill, or fry them in cast iron.

We spatchcocked a turkey this past Thanksgiving, and it turned out great. I don't really see a need for chicken. I beer can them on the smoker, or rotisserie them on my gas grill, or fry them in cast iron.

I've done chickens and turkeys both ways, I can't honestly say I prefer it one way or the other. For turkeys it sure seems to making the cooking faster and more even!

Back