THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Two cooks today. I needed to make use of some veggies that otherwise might have gone to waste if I waited until this coming weekend.

First up, I needed to use up some of our abundant cherry tomatoes. I'd made the Cherry Tomato Galette a week or so ago, wasn't in the mood for making the same thing. I decided that a Roasted Cherry Tomato Salsa was in the cards.

Veggies roasting on the Goldens'. Cherry Tomatoes, Onions, Jalapenos, larger garden tomatoes, a banana pepper from our garden and some garlic -

Roasted veggies together with some Lime, Cilantro, Cumin and Oregano ready for the Ninja. The garlic was roasted in its skin and came apart easily -

After a few pulses it's almost ready -

Looking good! -

Just had to plate it with some Nachos -

And kick it up a bit with melted cheese on the Nachos and Sour Cream. A nice afternoon snack! It had a nice kick thanks to the Jalapenos. -

Now for the other dish. Stuffed Zucchini.

Some Ground Pork which was browned in the Lodge skillet indoors, seasoned with Plowboys Yardbird -

The scooped out Zucchini together with diced onion and garlic -

The pork and diced zucchini filling was mixed with bread crumbs and an egg. I also added Feta Cheese, then spooned the mixture into the zucchini boats.

I added the searing plate to the Goldens' and set the temp around 350 -

Just about ready to come off after 45-50 minutes on the grill, the point where the zucchini is fork tender. That's Plowboys on the top -

Plated, with a Parmesan dusting -

That's all for today. As always, thanks so much for checking in on today's cooks. Oh yeah, how did they taste? Fantastic!

Regards,
-lunchman

Still contemplating whether either of these will make it into the Just One Bite throwdown. :-D

It all looks delicious, Dom! Thank you for the ideas! I'm getting overrun with garden "stuff". :-D

Back