Review: Guy Fieri BBQ Sauces (pic)

So I was looking for a new Q sauce to try and happened to be strolling through the supermarket when I noticed Guy fieri series of sauces was on sale. I remembered Patio Daddio's review being positive so I said "what the hell". I picked up the Kansas City Sweet and Smokey. As soon as I got home and popped it open and plunged my finger into the sauce (I know, like a caveman) and gave it a try.

Much to my surprise this is a truly EXCELLENT flavored sauce. Perfect for my wife who doesn't like spicy. And for me, I will spice it up with cayenne pepper.

I have to agree with Patio Daddio on this one - an excellent sauce and well worth the cost of $2.99.

Thanks for the review, I was curious to hear how they were.

For those that keep busting Guy's chops about him being a celebrity, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, he's on a competition team and cooks when he can.

Looking forward to trying these myself.

The Carolina #6 is good stuff. There's a store by me that's been selling it for about a year now.

If it didn't matter it wouldn't matter!!!

Count me down as another who would have passed this by as another celebrity product. Will give it a try now if I can find it down here in Florida.

I would imagine with all the BBQ joints he has visited on Triple D he probably picked up a few good recipes on the way. Its hard to make a sauce that sucks when you have all the knowledge he has. I've watched his cooking show and he seams to know what he's doing. Great review! I'll be looking for them for sure!

I've tried both the KC and the Brown Sugar...these are actually pretty good, in my humble opinion.

Went so far as to use them both in competition last weekend. Used a combination of them on my sasuage (on top a a layer of brown sugar and honey...trying to tame the spicy sausage)...was good enough for a 3rd place call.

Will continue to play around with them for sure...though they are a little pricey.

"Smokey".....That should be on the meat before I sauce it. If the smoke flavor is achieved with a small amount of smoked paprika, OK. If it is liquid smoke....noway!

How did that smoke flavor play?

I tried the Carolina sauce I mixed it with some of my homemade it does in fact make a killer sauce for pulled pork

Back