Restaurant Depot Trip

CT-Mike

is one Smokin' Farker
Have a 3 day fair coming up this weekend where we will be slinging BBQ:

Pulled Pork Sammies, Pepper Stout Beef Sammies, Brisket, and Baby Backs. Sides will be doctored beans and Cole Slaw.

Hit up Restaurant Depot this morning to start buying, came home with:

- 280# of Pork Butts
- 200# of Angus Brisket
- 65# of Chuck Roll (Neck Off)
- 36 racks of Baby Backs

The fair averages 15 - 20K visitors over the three days depending on the weather. So far the weather outlook is looking pretty good so we are hoping for a big turnout.

Last edited:
Nice Mike!! You know you're going deep when you measure in tonnage!! By my fuzzy math, you're clocking in at over a quarter ton of meaty goodness. Congrats, please post end product

If I did not see your location I would think you beat me to the Birmingham AL store. It was wiped out this morning. I grabbed a CVP of Boneless Butts as bone in were gone, no ribs either. Some mighty fine eating be happening around here I guess.

If I did not see your location I would think you beat me to the Birmingham AL store. It was wiped out this morning. I grabbed a CVP of Boneless Butts as bone in were gone, no ribs either. Some mighty fine eating be happening around here I guess.

Sorry to hear that your store was tapped out. Boneless butts are such a PITA.

Wow! That's quite a hall! mine has the Superior Angus tri tips for only 3.88 per pound. Cheapest I have ever seen them in NY. Good luck!

Wow. That's some prep work to do! You have access to a commercial kitchen to store all of that?

Back