THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HankB

is Blowin Smoke!
I found a rack of pork today at Costco. It was $0.10 less than back ribs and had more meat so the cheapskate in me decided to buy it. :wink: On my first search I found a recipe for this on the Weber site. I included BBQ-Brethren in the next search and came up with threads here that more or less confirmed the Weber approach. I rubbed it and then smoked it in a 22" Weber kettle (perfect fit!) with indirect heat and some apple, maple and hickory for flavor. The cooker ran between 350-450°F. I was tucking some sausages in around the roast and opening it seemed to kick up the fire.

In 2:45 when it hit 144°F internal temp I pulled it and rested for about 1/2 hour in a 140°F oven. I then sliced it along the bones which made for very thick slices. And they were delicious! Very tender and juicy.

Thank you all for your suggestions so my first rack of pork could come out so good!

Sorry. No pix. Not when I'm that hungry and the food is that good. :wink: Trust me, it was pretty. :biggrin1:

I rubbed it and then smoked it in a 22" Weber kettle (perfect fit!) with indirect heat and some apple, maple and hickory for flavor. The cooker ran between 350-450°F. I was tucking some sausages in around the roast and opening it seemed to kick up the fire.

In 2:45 when it hit 144°F internal temp I pulled it and rested for about 1/2 hour in a 140°F oven. I then sliced it along the bones which made for very thick slices. And they were delicious! Very tender and juicy.

Sorry. No pix. Not when I'm that hungry and the food is that good. :wink: Trust me, it was pretty. :biggrin1:

Your story checks out, my friend. It sounds like a delicious cook. I don't know why I don't do more cooks like this. They are less expensive than beef and are sooo good. Great job. No pics needed!

Love rack of pork! I was in Costco a couple weeks back and saw 'em and snagged 4. One down, one defrosting for Tuesday, 2 more for later! :whoo: Fantastic cut. Wish they were available more often.

Back