Question about poultry cooking

I'm always amazed at folks who intentionally over cook chicken out of fear, especially when they have the proper tools. some handle chicken like its plutonium thinking it will save them from "poisoning" their family. same guys who overcook chicken on purpose rinse the bird off in the sink splashing pathogens all over the place.

I pull white meat at 160 dark at 185+. mostly for texture, chicken doesn't scare me, salad does

Food safety isn’t a concern here, I’m just thinking chicken is way juicier when taken to higher temps. Think of brisket, there is no food safety guidelines that says to cook till north of 202° and then hold for hours for best results, but people do, and rave about results. That’s all I’m saying about taking chicken to around 185° in the breast and then resting.

I’ve never one time had a complaint or thought to myself “DA$N this chicken is dry!”

I just did my Thanksgiving turkey for the third time at which I part out before the cook . Dark meat to 180 and breast to 165 .The meat comes out very juicy,and I mean juicy

Back