Question about country style ribs

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
George
Hosting the card game two weeks from now. I want to serve smoked country style ribs but I can't be cooking when I'm supposed to be playing. Anyone freeze these ribs after smoking and is there any diminishing in taste and texture on reheat (by sous vide)?

I've pulled ribs out of the freezer that were tight at a year. Slowly heated and they were like right off the smoker(they were vac sealed).
Paul B

I've pulled ribs out of the freezer that were tight at a year. Slowly heated and they were like right off the smoker(they were vac sealed).
Paul B

I do the same. What's the sense in cooking just one rack of ribs when you have room for four?

It's nice to say "Let's have ribs tonight" and just pull them out of the freezer and heat.

I think they will be nearly as good as fresh cooked. I would heat them up in the sous vide and then just before serving sauce them and throw on the grill to set sauce. But looks like you won't have time for that due to the card game. So I guess sauce before freezing and then heat and eat.

Good luck and watch the hole card.

Robert

No need to freeze at all. Just vac seal and fridge. It's not like you're doing it 6 months in advance.

Back