Push Button Smoked Ground Chuck

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
for Manwiches............ I like different twists on Sloppy Joes and I like Manwich - but Manwich Bold SUCKS..............

SiqsllTl.jpg

Remember Folks - " A samwich is just a samwich, but a Manwich Is a Meal"..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3mieCS7u0

I hate Manwich. I have a self proclaimed award winning recipe. And i Don't self proclaim often. Try it, or don't, your loss.

2.5 lb beef

3 small onions

1 Tbsp vinegar

5 tsp brown sugar

1.5 Tbsp yellow mustard

1 cup ketchup

1 Tbsp Worcestershire

1/2 tsp salt

I hate Manwich. I have a self proclaimed award winning recipe. And i Don't self proclaim often. Try it, or don't, your loss.

2.5 lb beef

3 small onions

1 Tbsp vinegar

5 tsp brown sugar

1.5 Tbsp yellow mustard

1 cup ketchup

1 Tbsp Worcestershire

1/2 tsp salt

Basically the same recipe all over the internet. I rarely eat sloppy Joe's but I'll just stick to the simplicity of the canned stuff.

Sloppy Joes... Blah... Are you all still five years old? NO Ketchup. I'll take a Maid-Rite loose meat sandwich any day.

Sloppy Joes... Blah... Are you all still five years old? NO Ketchup. I'll take a Maid-Rite loose meat sandwich any day.

What you suggest sounds like a Blah meat sandwich. That said my recipe is not that nasty Manwich version that's all sauce.

2.5 lb beef

3 small onions

1 Tbsp vinegar

5 tsp brown sugar

1.5 Tbsp yellow mustard

1 cup ketchup

1 Tbsp Worcestershire

1/2 tsp salt

No taco seasoning?

I love sloppy joes!

One of the most important things, for me, is that the ground beef is properly browned. That involves a cast iron pan or flat top. A lot of people just crowd a teflon pan and end up with grey steamed meat.

Sometimes I grill the meat as patties, getting some char flavor, and break it up. I'll have to try adding some smoke.

I hate Manwich. I have a self proclaimed award winning recipe.

Am not a manwich fan. My recipe is similar to yours, with the addition of red or yellow bell pepper (mostly cooked separately, as are the caramelized onions), a bit of american chili powder (and a bit of ancho powder). I use good ketchup, without HFCS. Often will use fresh lemon or lime juice for the tang instead of vinegar. I tweak the sauce separately and add it.

Meat scrambles, like a made-rite, were always a short cut when we can't wait for the final slopper.

Back