THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
JziSu5pl.jpg

marinaded 6 hours in

A97Qx4nl.jpg

Why ? because :

Wc86FV6l.png

They might Suck - will find out in a cpl hours

:twitch:

Last edited:
Every time I try to smoke them they tend to get dry. Yours do look good.

Loin cut I only took them to 150*'s, they were tender, flavor would have been better had I just used PlowBoys Yardbird and let them sit and sweat a bit 1st.

Last edited:
Every time I try to smoke them they tend to get dry. Yours do look good.

Same. CSR's make better sausage then they do ribs. Can't understand why people buy these over any "real" ribs. They are not much cheaper either when sold as CSR's.

Our local Basha's has them right now for 99 cents/lb. Often less than $1.
We like to debone and chunk them up for kabobs too.

Our local Basha's has them right now for 99 cents/lb. Often less than $1.
We like to debone and chunk them up for kabobs too.

Then pork butts must be cheaper then $1 where your at. Pork butts are $2 or more here in PA.

Grocery stores aren't going to cut pork butts into CSR's and sell them for less then the cost of pork butts. Thats taking a loss in labor and product.

Then pork butts must be cheaper then $1 where your at. Pork butts are $2 or more here in PA.

Grocery stores aren't going to cut pork butts into CSR's and sell them for less then the cost of pork butts. Thats taking a loss in labor and product.

Nope, I have not seen busts for this price for awhile either.
Mesa Az, Basha's regular weekly ad.

Nope, I have not seen busts for this price for awhile either.
Mesa Az, Basha's regular weekly ad.

I guess this Grocer likes losing money. Wish they were in my neck of the woods, I would buy their CSR's and make homemade sausage for cheap, no need to even debone and chop up, just straight into the grinder.

Just went hunting for cheap pork for sausage. No luck at local grocery. They wanted $2.49/lb for bone-in pork butt, and $2.69/lb for boneless pork shoulder roast. Sad its probably a better deal for boneless pork shoulder, then a pork butt. Might have to try big box stores tomorrow. Just thought i would post what local grocery are charging for CSR's in my area.

unnamed.jpg

Back