THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I recently ordered some harvest brine from Naturiffic to use on the thanksgiving day bird. As i tend to do i went over board and bought a pound of Q-salt too. Usps tracking showed it arriving fri but it didn't make it until Saturday afternoon and the package was in distress

It had been raining hard all day and the box was soaked. Luckily the packaging on both bags held up and their contents arrived safely.

They both smelled great. I seasoned a chuckeye roast with the Q-salt, i also hit a chicken with the Harvest Brine for a trial run before Thursday.

Due to the rain and the fact that i need to finish up a tile floor project i went with the kettle. I was out of charcoal so i picked up a bag of kingsford with hickory infused. It worked great. Im not a big fan of charcoal with wood for smoke...all wood guy.....but this was better rhan my usual attempts with charcoal. Maybe im not good at getting a clean burn or a proper mix. Anyway here is the roast after 4 or 5 ours. When the fuel got low i wrapped in foil and finished up inside

Pulled beef. The Q-salt was great. After i pulled i sprinkled a little on top to finish.

I like to pour a few sauces on the edges of the serving plate and folks can mix in how much of each if they so choose.

I made some sliders on broiche. Topped with raw onion and a slice of cheddar

All in all a win. I really liked the Q-salt and cant wait to test out the Harvest brine.

Im thinking tacos with the leftovers

Last edited:
Great looking sandwich! Now I’m hungry.

That package was abused. I promised it left here in better shape than that

The original box was crushed and soaked. It rained heavy in Michigan from friday evening through Saturday. The bag they wrapped around it was ripped and wet too. I was nervous when i saw it but the packaging managed to hold up...you could tell water had got on them.

That beef looks absolutely spot on. It is exactly what I like to think of pulled beef when I think about pulled beef.

I used to manage a barbecue restaurant in North Carolina. Not exactly beef territory, but still we had beef every Thursday. We cooked briskets to fall apart tender and pulled them. As much as I enjoyed that, your chuck looks even better.

Nice. I made some pulled beef yesterday. I need to make it more often. I never think to make it, but I love it when I do.

Nice. I made some pulled beef yesterday. I need to make it more often. I never think to make it, but I love it when I do.

Pulled beef sliders are one of the more requested bbq items i get asked to make along with abt's, they always get a crowd fired up

Back