THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
I’m doing Easter dinner this year for our family and a couple of in-law siblings’ families. The choice this year is brisket.

I called my Southern California Costco and they have prime packers for $3.69 / lb. I don’t cook brisket often enough to know how this compares to recent prices.

Where does that fall on the scale of what you have recently paid and would pay for a full prime packer? I’m willing to pay for prime for special family occasions - that’s how I’ve had my best brisket results.

Thanks in advance for your relevant input.

3.29/lb at Costco here, fluctuates 50 cent a pound either way throughtout the year. Dunno if youre near a Costco Business Center but it sounds like thats where the Cali brethren get the sweetest deals.

$2.99-$3.48 around me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was at Costco today to grab a couple to try for a family function since HEB's were like $8/lb or something and small. Costco was $3.30/lb and people were fighting over them. There was a pile of about 10 of them, and I walk around a bit and came back and they were all gone. Butch brings out two cases and guys appear out of nowhere and start grabbing them. Strangest thing I ever saw.

3.29/lb at Costco here, fluctuates 50 cent a pound either way throughtout the year. Dunno if youre near a Costco Business Center but it sounds like thats where the Cali brethren get the sweetest deals.

+1

I'm up in NorCal and Prime's been pretty steady at $3.29 at Costco. In the summer it goes up a little and in the fall/winter it drops down to about $2.99.

I was at Costco today to grab a couple to try for a family function since HEB's were like $8/lb or something and small. Costco was $3.30/lb and people were fighting over them. There was a pile of about 10 of them, and I walk around a bit and came back and they were all gone. Butch brings out two cases and guys appear out of nowhere and start grabbing them. Strangest thing I ever saw.

While I didnt witness a scuffle for briskets, last 4th of July Costco had zero briskets to be found a few days prior and I was told they werent getting more until after...luckily I ran over to Sams and they had some but I imagined something went down at Costco like you described.

Moral of the story....buy your brisket early.

The most expensive brisket I ever saw at HEB was $7 for american Kobe. They were all 17-20 pounds. I have been looking for a 10 pounder ever since with no luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Prices at my Costco range from $2.99 up to about $3.69. Even at $3.69 it’s much cheaper than what I could get a choice brisket for at most other places.

:clap2::thumb::thumb:
Same here in North Jersey Costco Business Center. Hoping for Wagyu soon:clap2:

DanB

PS The meat manager said Briskets prices are going up.

Brisket per pound..

I’m doing Easter dinner this year for our family and a couple of in-law siblings’ families. The choice this year is brisket.

I called my Southern California Costco and they have prime packers for $3.69 / lb. I don’t cook brisket often enough to know how this compares to recent prices.

Where does that fall on the scale of what you have recently paid and would pay for a full prime packer? I’m willing to pay for prime for special family occasions - that’s how I’ve had my best brisket results.

Thanks in advance for your relevant input.

I live in northern Ca above Yuba City, Sams Club has it for $3.28 Lb for Prime (Whole) if you choose just the flat it's 20-30 cents more a pond.

Just got $3.69/lb I believe at Costco yesterday and last time they were $3.29. Assume around $50-$60.

Back