THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joshw

Babbling Farker
I needed something to take to a party tomorrow. Decided to try some pork burnt ends. Tried these awhile back, with CSR's. They were good, but the Butts are better, and easier.
Started with some butts, and a homemade sugar free rub. Put them on the smoker, at 225 until an IT of 175.
eyxFXNO.jpg

aHtX67Z.jpg

Then I cubed them up, and put them in a covered pan at 350, until they were tender. About another hour.

Made a low sugar version of Struttin sauce from the book Smoke and Spice. Still one of my favorites. For you guys that have had it for a long time, the new revision has a lot of new recipes, but it still has the classics. Love the kindle version.
5TsJYVR.jpg

Drained the pork and sauced. Put back on the smoker for 30 minutes, stirred them up, and gave them another 30 minutes.
Finished product.
CIPXWBE.jpg

A little more work than pulled pork, but I think a lot better.

They look and sound great, Josh!
Hope you and family have a wonderful new year!

Back