Pig Roast & Pot Luck Time Again! Sun. 9/2

It was epic. Great to meet Greg and Campdude (whose name, along with a whole bunch of other fine folks we met, I shame-facedly admit went in one ear and out the other, as I was dazzled by the cookers, the spread, and the cooks). That's me, looking entranced, in the background of the pig photo, there.

I took almost one pic. :oops:

I got one sent to me so I'll put that up so as not to show up empty handed. :tsk:

picture.php

It was a total blast - a yard full of folks just feasting and enjoying themselves, each other, and the day. It was super cool to meat GVDub and his lovely wife (sorry - spaced her name! :doh: - forgetting names is my superpower :tsk:)

The whole 65# got et, as did 2 #10 can batches of Keri's Hog Apple beans, some tri tip cooked by a bro, a couple chix, chitloads of wings, untold sides and desserts, etc. We also had a couple racks of SLC spares & some beef ribs and sausages & boudin as well. I put out the sausage I made & held on to the sausage frognot brought for personal use! :twisted:

Marty made a cheesecake that was the one thing that really blew my lid off last night. Just farking incredible. Marty was, once again, a tremendous help - actually indispensible when it came to getting everything to happen as it should. I get a little inattentive at times while running my yap and Marty always has a clear lay of the land.

This may have been the biggest crowd yet - I'm not good at guessing numbers, but it was certainly enough people to eat an entire 65# pig and then some.

The spousal unit is Vanessa, and she had a blast! Didn't have the chance to trade gardening tips with Shannon, but we'll need to do that. My pepper crop is never good, but tomatoes are always a huge harvest.

Huge fun! Thanks again for tossing a fine bash and making a noob feel more than welcome.

Last edited:
Back