THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good job. I have one in the freezer that is going to get this same treatment.

I like laying more on the smoke tube. Can you tell if it added anything with all that flavor you have already? I was thinking about mixing in some smaller chips in with the pellets but never did. I like this though.

Probably wasn't the best cook to try it. I didn't notice any difference, but these had so much flavor going on, it is hard to tell. It is something I will play around with. I have mixed chips in with my pellets, and it works, but, if you don't get them all arranged properly, it affects the burn, and will go out.

Looks amazing! I was looking to smoke some pastrami using corned beef. Lots of recipes online mention soaking the brisket in water for a day or two to draw some of the excess salt out. Did you end up doing that?

No soak this time. I Just gave it a good rinse, and then rubbed it down. I new Whether you need to soak or not, really depends on the brand, and personal taste. I knew I was going to be braising it, and that will remove some of the salt. Homemade pastrami, I will normally soak overnight, but no longer than that. Store bought corn beef is ok, but it is one of the easiest meats to cure at home, and the quality is far superior, and generally quite a bit cheaper. Only reason I had these, was I got them on sale for .99 a pound, and couldn't pass them up.

Back