Outlaw BBQ Smokers

sloandsteady

Full Fledged Farker
I'm seeing a little bit more Outlaw BBQ Smokers out there and wanted to ask the brethren who is cooking on one. I like the looks of them and appear to be very well built. So what's everyone's thoughts on them? Are they geared more towards competitions?

The Outlaw smokers out of Indiana.

Very nice cookers and couldnt go wrong with any. You will end up spending a little more compared to a workhorse 1975 but it comes down to look you want.

Outlaw you will be able to use entire lower grate space base on fb/cc opening location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice cookers and couldnt go wrong with any. You will end up spending a little more compared to a workhorse 1975 but it comes down to look you want.

Outlaw you will be able to use entire lower grate space base on fb/cc opening location

Thanks! Can you explain the more usable grate point a bit more? Is this because the heat entering the cook chamber is less instense? I’m a fan of both Workhorse and Outlaw and would be happy with either.

Thanks! Can you explain the more usable grate point a bit more? Is this because the heat entering the cook chamber is less instense? I’m a fan of both Workhorse and Outlaw and would be happy with either.

The higher up in CC the heat enters the more useable space you have. Outlaw enters at grate level and cooks from top down. The stack side will be hottest

Majority of cookers enter on bottom 1/3 which causes far right 1/4 or 1/3 of grate to be significantly
Hotter. The way around this is have plenty of room between FB opening and grate. This is typically found in propane offset with rounded ends

I've got one we use in competition, they're great pits. Extremely well built, and Jay (the owner) is awesome to work with.

2nd on Jay. He actually helped me build a copy. Gave me a lot of useful information. Very nice for an owner to help someone else copy his product

3ba06e0c3aae18df925c64b822dde420.jpg

I've got one we use in competition, they're great pits. Extremely well built, and Jay (the owner) is awesome to work with.

What has been you experience with airflow and also the level of smoke flavor? It seems like little wood is needed/used which might result in little smoke being imparted on the food.

Back