OKJ longhorn value

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Since my new offset is almost finished I need to start making room. This means selling the modified OKJ longhorn but dont know where to start on value. Any thoughts?

Mods are
2” insulated FB
1/4” yoder door
1/8” reverse flow plate
Extended exhaust
Stainless water pan
Probe port
1/4” bottom on FB

2efffd4cb5145a924487e6c153eb1ec2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to say it, but that new fire box may have hurt the value a bit. I know it probably runs a lot better, but that's a serious appearance change from the original.

That's a great job on the smoker mods and I'm sure it runs far better than the original.
In my opinion though the primary value of the mods is the joy you had tinkering and seeing the results. I don't think they'll add a lot of value to the resale price.

I have a spare rattle can of high heat black ill use on FB. Was hoping get $300-$400 and use as half payment for wheels on nee smokers. Am I too far off on that price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say list it for $400 and hope to get $300 but you can go lower if it doesn't sell if you want to. Can always drop the price but not often can you raise the price.

I agree that the mods at first glance could have a negative impact on value perception, however, if your ad copy is well crafted and demonstrates the mods offer a significant improvement in performance over the original, you should be fine.

Back