THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my first reaction was that it was kind of expensive. I had thought I had seen this class offered in other parts of the country for about half the price and thought that if I were to spend that much I might as well fly out to one of those classes and visit someplace new. Bring the better half, make a long weekend out of it.
With the cost of traveling now, I would be better off staying home and taking it in NYC.

At this point it is time to chime in. I have had the pleasure to know Rod and Johnny for a long time.From judging to competing to the time that they are gracious enough to give classes. I have personally benefited many times over from the honest, straight forward learning experiences from both. When I took Rod's class, it looked like a whos-who of major BBQ talent. They do enough in that time frame to amount to years of trial and error. Point being that it is well spent money if you want to compete more succesfully.Steve.

Guys, guys, guys . . .this is NOT an Old School versus High Tech class. This is something unique. Adam & John are in charge of this special event. Our basic class price has not changed, although the spouse fee is going to go up. This is a one of a kind, special presentation. And yes, there are a ton of additional expenses involved here due to the geography. Additionally, we are looking to book a couple dates for late summer and fall. We're thinking back east in September and the southeast in November. Nothing firm yet and the clock is ticking.

Rod
www.pelletenvy.com

P.S. - I've only read the first page of these responses. I don't know if that factors into my post yet or not.

Geez Rod, it's not like I asked that many questions :rolleyes::tongue:....lol :lol:

I'd heard this was in the works and it's a very unique class and not all about competition BBQ. It's a NYC event and I'd suggest waiting for their next regular class.

And for everybody that questions the cost of these classes, last year I did this one and Lotta Bull and got my first GC, won nearly 4 times what I had in any previous year. This year I know I've already paid for my season and maybe more depending on what the bike is worth. I rest my case.

And great post Podge.

Johnny told me this weekend at Snowbird that this class is for a specific group of folks and is higher in price because they are covering more expenses due to the wide variety of things they have been asked to teach. He said that this isn't going to be the same kind of class that he and Rod have been teaching to barbeque competitors as it is going to be more about how to cook "backyard style". He also said that they might be doing a competition class out West, possilbly in Utah, if there was enough interest. I know I'll be there if it happens!

UPDATE, there are still a few spaces available, this is you chance to be almost one on one with two masters of the barbeque universe..

Back